DutiesThis position is not telework eligible and is remote eligible. This vacancy announcement will be open until July 31, 2023, with three (3) cut-off dates of:
- May 31st,
- June 29th, and
- July 13th.
The Department works to tailor each intern's experience to the interests and skills of the student against the needs of Department Program Offices. This opportunity offers training and development in the following areas:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Human Resources Management
- Training and Development (Adult Learning)
- Data Analytics
- Project Management
- Education Policies
- Grants Management
- Information Technology
Applicants must meet the definition of a "Student" at the time of appointment and throughout the duration of the appointment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must complete background investigation and fingerprint check.
Student means an individual who has been accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled).At the time of appointment, applicant must:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited institution.
- Attend an accredited educational institution, including but not limited to; high school, trade school, technical or vocational institute, junior college, college, university, or graduate school.
- Have permission from the institution at which he/she is currently enrolled to participate in the internship program.
- Must be enrolled on a, at least, half-time basis in a course of study related to the work to be performed.
Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating which training and developmental areas they're interested in. Please keep in mind that due to the volume of applications received, internships within listed areas may vary due to availability.