RequirementsConditions of Employment
- C5ISR Center is soliciting Engineer/Scientists (Project Leads) to serve on a team within the Systems Engineering and Integration Branch, Lab and Field Risk Reduction Division, Systems Integration, Engineering and Systems Integration Directorate.
- Incumbent within the Experimentation Execution Team will be responsible for the execution of experimentation.
- Responsible for design, execution, and support the project lead in planning and control phases of the efforts.
- Responsible for the generation of reports/data analysis output.
- Incumbent within the Project Oversight Team will be responsible for customer engagement, shaping the work breakdown, establishing resources and schedule, ROM generation and funding coordination.
- Responsible for overall cost, schedule and performance tracking and reporting on the status of their independent projects.
- Capture requirements and shape the project effort while collaborating with the experimentation lead to establish design, resource requirements and deliverable requirements.
- Incumbents within each team may focus on Strategic Engagements and be responsible for the engaging the community to provide briefs on capabilities and gather information on other potential partners and stakeholders to evolve collaborative efforts.
- Coordinate activities, resources, and priorities across functional teams; identify new capability needs within the lab.
- Assign work based on priorities, difficulty and requirements of assignments and the capabilities of employees.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Position requires a Secret Security clearance.
- Business travel (TDY) may be required up to 25% of the time.
- This is a Defense Acquisition Workforce (AWF) position. The employee must meet the DoDI 5000.66 requirements applicable to Engineering and Technical Management; Practitioner Level II
- RENEWABLE TERM: This position may be extended, without limit, in up to six year increments.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade or band is required. It is defined as one year of specialized experience equivalent to the DB-02 pay band (GS-11 level) in the Federal Service which includes experience in one or more of the following areas:For: Experiment Execution Team Develops, plans, organizes network systems Applies techniques of system / network architectures Applies techniques of tactical networking Applies methodologies to execute / monitor network-focused testing or experimentation Develops, plans, organizes laboratory risk reduction and integration activities For Project Oversight Team Develops, plans, organizes laboratory risk reduction and integration activities. Project management to include cost, schedule and performance Conducts customer outreach/engagement for business development Implements initiatives and strategic planning Presents briefing to stakeholders and senior leaders
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the basic requirement listed below:Basic Requirement for Engineer (0850 series; 0854 series; 0855 series): A. Degree:
Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); OR (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.ORB. Combination of Education and Experience:
College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following: 1
. Professional registration or licensure - Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions. 2
. Written Test - Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, or any other written test required for professional registration, by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. 3.
Specified academic courses - Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in A above. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program. 4.
Related curriculum - Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions.Basic Requirement for Computer Scientist (1550 series):Degree
: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in computer science or bachelor's degree (or higher degree) with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
This announcement uses the DHA for Candidates with Bachelor's Degrees for Scientific and Engineering Positions direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service. RENEWABLE TERM: This position may be extended, without limit, in up to six year increments. This appointment is designated as a ''status'' appointment for the purpose of eligibility for positions in the Federal service in accordance with section 1109(b)(1)(B) of NDAA for FY 2016.n.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Three year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 16 - Engineers and Scientific position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within a designated time frame identified by the organization. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency's telework policy.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .