Are you passionate about donor cultivation and private funderaising? Do you enjoy designing fundraising and development activities. If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
We are recruiting for an experienced, dynamic individual to support our development department and operations. The Development Coordinator will support the Director of Development and Communications in aspects of donor cultivation and private fundraising from individuals, foundations, corporations, and other organizations. The Development Coordinator will contribute to designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating fundraising and development activities that support our mission and priorities. S/he will report to and partner with Rosario School’s Director of Development and Communications and work closely with our CEO, Board of Directors, administration, faculty, and staff. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and will be tasked with supporting a formal development program.
• Using the current development plan as a template, support annual strategies and timelines for the following: annual fund appeal; annual scholarship appeal, fundraising events (i.e. Achieving the Dream); major gifts; planned giving marketing, donor stewardship and communications under the guidance of the Director of Development and Communications.
• Conduct prospect research and engagement to increase the local, regional and national prospect pool
• Write grants, when necessary, and submit applications and proposals
• Implement a strategic stewardship program centered around donor appreciation and retention
• Oversee management of the fundraising database (Bloomerang) to ensure accurate donor/prospect records, pipeline projections, gifts and donor activity, fundraising metrics, acknowledgement and tracking and reports, as well as the gift acknowledgement process
• Coordinate the writing and design of development materials (i.e. print, web, etc.) Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Director of
• Development and Communication’s ability to effectively lead fundraising efforts
• Plan, schedule and arrange events and meetings that take place inside and outside the workplace, such as donor meetings, fund-raising events, etc
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years experience or appropriate combination of education and experience
• Passion for our mission and the work we do with adult immigrants
• 2-3 years of nonprofit experience, with a track record of fundraising success • A strong strategic thinker who can initiate as well as implement
• Excellent written communication skills; able to write persuasively and passionately about our school’s mission
• Exceptional project management skills, including managing multiple campaigns and programs simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, disciplined, and sometimes unpredictable environment
• Prior experience in academic advancement is desirable but not required
• Strong understanding of database management systems and moves management principles. Experience with Bloomerang donor management system is a plus.
• Must be able to provide proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination
• Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Salary Range from $72,000.00 to $84,000.00.
This position is based in Washington, DC at the Rosario School’s Harvard Street Campus in the Columbia Heights Neighborhood. Some travel may be required. Hybrid schedule. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b607f4- 564d-4335-b098- 98dd2b218da4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=454506&source=CC2&lang=en_US. This position will be posted until filled.