Summary Network Engineer - Mid Washington, DC
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For 20+ years, NJVC has provided federal, DoD, and commercial customers with innovative and cost-effective solutions for their IT needs. NJVC approaches the work with the intensity expected of a mission-critical IT provider, working within the framework of people, processes, and technologies to meet customer requirements.
The DOT (Department of Transportation) Enterprise Information Technology Shared Services (EITSS) supports the department's office of the chief information officer in developing and implementing an enterprise IT infrastructure and common operating environment across DOT.
NJVC is looking for a Network Engineer - Mid
that will perform the day-to-day activities required to manage data services, utilizing a broad set of tools to design, manage, and maintain all aspects of data networking. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Network Engineer - Mid
within the DOT (Department of Transportation) Enterprise Information Technology Shared Services ( EITSS )
team, you will:
- Monitor Network, Servers, and Data Center activities.
- Track and maintain multiple communication channels while aggregating the information into one location.
- Lead bridge meetings with the goal of resolving major incidents and updating appropriate parties throughout the process.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Windows Server infrastructure, including oversight of Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, File/Print Services, Internet Information Server (IIS), and SQL Server.
- Provide leadership to the Windows Server team, overseeing activities within server imaging, including IPMI access and configuration, firmware management, Active Directory management, Remote Desktop Services, File/Print Services, Internet Information Server (IIS), and SQL Server.
- Responsible for incident management as it relates to technical areas.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of complex system issues.
- Work primarily in a virtualized environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 10+ years of experience administrating and managing servers and systems, cloud infrastructure, file, and print environments, specializing in Windows operating systems.
- Background check required with the ability to obtain a public trust.
How you'll grow
- Ability to work FT Shift (7P-7A; Sat/Sun) and 11P-7A; Mon/Tues).
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting.
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications.
- Experience working in a home office setting and the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor.
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.Must have a strong understanding and experience in Incident Management.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, File/Print Services, Internet Information Server (IIS), and SQL Server.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program