As a Project Finance and Insurance Project Specialist, you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Handle a range of activities in the structured debt finance origination process, including reviewing business plans, financial statements, offtake agreements, financial model projections, financial model sensitivities for structured debt finance applications.
- Handle a range of activities in the political risk insurance origination process, including reviewing applications, analyzing the nature of investment, equity and loan instruments, and reviewing project agreements for political risk insurance.
- Analyze the nature of the investment, equity and loan instruments involved in projects overseas.
- Prepare in writing portions of necessary documents and memoranda required in the Agency's approval process.
- Conduct research and analysis on topics such as issues related to international credit, investment risks, Agency investment policies, and economic and political conditions of international businesses.
- Participate in negotiations on terms and conditions in insurance contracts and structured debt finance agreements.
QualificationsIMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Must submit resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- This position will require foreign travel to developing countries
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements no later than the closing date ( by cut-off dates) of this announcement.You may qualify at the GS-11 level, if you fulfill one of the following qualification requirements:
- This is an open continuous announcement and will be used to fill vacancies with interested and qualified applicants ready to be certified for current and future vacancies.
- To receive consideration for vacancies, applicants must submit complete applications prior to the established cut-off date(s). An initial cut-off will take place February 22, 2023 to begin initial applicant consideration. Additional cut-off dates will occur March 22, 2023; April 19, 2023; May 17, 2023; June 14, 2023; July 12, 2023; and July 31, 2023.
- Candidates for the position who submit a completed application by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the cut off dates will be reviewed and referred if found eligible and qualified. This announcement will remain open until the closing date indicated; however, those who apply after the cut-off date will be considered for referral to the hiring manager only if additional vacancies occur and/or the initial referral list is exhausted.
- Applicants must recertify (i.e. update/resubmit their application through USAJobs) every 2 months from the date of application/certification to continue to receive consideration for the position(s). Applicants who fail to do so will not be reviewed and referred and be dropped from consideration.
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your experience in all of the following:
1) Experience working with a team on international projects or investments under supervision of a senior specialist, while working at a commercial bank, investment bank, international financial institution, or multilateral organization;
2) Experience conducting in two
of the following five areas:
- financial analysis,
- calculating credit risk exposure,
- financial modeling of financial projections,
- detailed credit analysis of international ventures, or
- market analysis of business ventures in developing countries, where work product is presented to more senior specialists; and
3) Experience assessing country risk for projects located in developing countries.OR
B. A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or possession of a LL.M. degree, if related. Graduate level education must demonstrate the competencies necessary to do the work of the position;OR
C. A combination of education and experience as listed above.You may qualify at the GS-12 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirements:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your experience in all of the following:
1) Experience working with a team on international projects or investments while working at a commercial bank, investment bank, international financial institution, or multilateral organization;
2) Experience reviewing financial statements for businesses located in developing countries;
3) Experience building financial models to determine ability of a company to repay its debt and sensitivity analyses to test those assumptions;
4) Experience conducting in three
of the following four areas:
- financial analysis of international ventures,
- calculating credit risk exposure of international ventures,
- detailed credit analysis of international ventures, or
- market analysis of business ventures in developing countries; and
5) Experience identifying international financial or investment policy issues to identify two
of the following three areas: political, economic or credit risks of projects located outside the United States.
Note: Education is not substitutional at this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This announcement may be used to fill similar positions, if additional vacancies occur. EducationARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.PASS/FAIL COURSES:
If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.GRADUATE EDUCATION:
One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.FOREIGN EDUCATION
: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional informationCareer Transition Assistance Programs
: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must:
1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria;
2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and
3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility.
For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp) .If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and are claiming 5-points veterans' preference
, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility showing type of discharge/character of service. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference
, you must submit documentation from the Departments of Veterans Affairs (VA) showing type of discharge/character of service and your disability percentage. You may also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the documents listed in this form to support the claim for veteran preference. For more information on veterans' preference visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Veterans . Males born after 12-31-59
must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/verify/ ). Telework Suitability :
The duties of this position are suitable for telework. The selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act. Stipulations of Employment :
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to E.O. 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.Work Schedule
: This position allows for a flexible work schedule. Miscellaneous:
DFC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ .
If selection is made below the full performance level, promotion up to the full performance level may be made without further competition. However, promotion(s) will depend on the performance of the incumbent and are not guaranteed.
Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized for this position.