HR Administrative Coordinator
- Washington D.C.
- May 22, 2023
- Jun 26, 2023
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
The Human Resources Department of IFPRI seeks a full-time HR Administrative Coordinator to provide general administrative support to the Human Resources Department. The HR Administrative Coordinator will be a team member of the HR Department in a fast-paced environment. This non-exempt position is considered a one-year, renewable appointment and is located at IFPRI’s Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as first point of contact for staff queries, audit queries and visitors to the HR Department.
- Maintain all HR files (personnel, benefits, vendors, etc.) in line with recordkeeping requirements.
- Process all HR vendor invoices and payment requests.
- Assist with reconciliation of accounts.
- Prepare employment verification document requests, letters, personnel action forms, DC Wage forms etc.
- Mail support (preparing outgoing, sorting incoming).
- Coordinate HR-related announcements with the CPA Division for inclusion in Inside IFPRI.
- Provide administrative support to various HR functions.
- Organize HR events.
- Review and update documentation for policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Assist HR team with special projects, as needed.
- An Associates degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a fast-paced Human Resources Department, preferably in an international organization; a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Human Resources; or a Master’s degree.
- Excellent English language oral and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and pro-active service approach.
- Demonstrated strong customer-oriented focus.
- Demonstrated high level of organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to follow through to closure.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, and Excel; PowerPoint desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters.
- Familiarity with HR information systems programs and/or CostPoint a plus.
- Familiarity with applicable US federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Experience in managing and tracking budgets.
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time with little opportunity to move/stretch. Employee will lift between 0-10pounds. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. The Institute conducts research, communicates results, optimizes partnerships, and builds capacity to ensure sustainable food production, promote healthy food systems, improve markets and trade, transform agriculture, build resilience, and strengthen institutions and governance. Gender is considered in all of the Institute’s work. IFPRI collaborates with partners around the world, including development implementers, public institutions, the private sector, and farmers’ organizations. IFPRI is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.