Hurlburt Field, FL Join our Talent Network
Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS)
Chenega Job Title: Software Engineer
Clearance: Secret Clearance
Location: Hurlburt Field, FL
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
TheSoftware Engineeris responsible for assisting with the design and development of an interactive virtual training tool for system and network administrators to accomplish Mission Qualification Training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide software engineering support for research, design, development, integration, system testing and debugging, and evaluation.
- Assist in transforming customer requirements into a technical, high performing software while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Utilize Agile Software Development processes to deliver software components, capabilities, artifacts, and software support information, including design information and compilation, build, and modification procedures.
- Assist in developing and sustaining software applications ranging from full-stack web-oriented applications to internal scripts on various platforms
- Assist in maintaining the production baseline(s) while incorporating new change requests and modernization efforts.
- Determine computer user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems that may arise with program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Ensure software standards are met.
- Develop and update training materials and technical documents.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Attend and/or facilitate product demonstrations at the request of the user community.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining software applications
- Additional 4+ years of experience may be used in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of experience with scripting and developing in Linux systems
- Experience with repository management (git)
- Experience developing with container technologies, like Docker, OpenShift, or Kubernetes
- Experience developing RESTful web-based applications
- Experience with relational database development (SQL)
- Experience with software collaboration tools, to include but not limited to JIRA, Confluence, and code scanning tools, like SonarQube
- Experience with scripting and developing for Windows and VMware
- Experience in Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques
- Possess baseline IAT-II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Active secret security clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain and maintain USAF CAC.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in developing and implementing in Agile environment.
- Independent and self-direction skills are highly desired.
- Ability to solve complex problems utilizing creative thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to critically analyze and understand the systems and communicate system requirements to leadership.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain OCONUS travel documentation.
- Ability to work nights, weekend, and holidays as required.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network