Sr. Cybersecurity IT Specialist
Washington, DC Join our Talent Network
TheSenior Cybersecurity IT Specialist shall provide a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and knowledge of the latest security standards, systems, and authentication protocols, as well as best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support assigned systems and work with various engineering, technology, and operations teams to define, explain, and implement security configuration controls.
• Work with technical leads to translate information into a risk mitigation strategy.
• Provide information to support policy decisions regarding The Treasury Department's cybersecurity framework.
• communicate specific cybersecurity concerns and provide solutions to incorporate effective measures against possible compromise as part of the organization's cybersecurity strategic plan.
• Research security standards, security systems, and authentication protocols.
• Provide technical supervision for and guidance to the ACIO/CS PMOs.
• Define and assist with the implementation and maintenance of security policies and procedures.
• Select and assist with the configuration of relevant types of common security hardware and software to implement a security policy.
• Lead the design and assist in the preparation of technical reports, studies, and related documentation, making charts and graphs to record results, and preparing and delivering presentations, training, and briefings as required.
• Management of IT security and IT risk (e.g., data systems, network, and/or web) across the enterprise.
• Address questions from internal and external audits and examinations.
• Facilitate IT security/risk training curriculum.
• Serve as project manager/lead within IT security projects.
• Complete annual company and customer-required training, as required.
• Complete the timesheet daily in the online system according to company policies and procedures.
• Travel up to 10% as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
• Bachelor's degree. Masters preferred.
• 5+ years of senior-level technical expertise with specialized experience in cybersecurity and interoperability for complex hardware, software, and automated information systems is required
• CISSP required
• Must have knowledge, skills, and abilities in one or more of the following cybersecurity concepts, architecture principles, security of networks, applications and data, security implications, and adoption of evolving cyber technology
• Public Trust is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a favorable Department of Treasury background investigation for the life cycle of the project
• The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience in the subject matter at a similar size, scope, and complexity as required by this task order.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity architecture.
• Ability to capture high-level technical information clearly and concisely.
• Possess strong communication and organization skills.
• Be highly motivated, independent thinker, and team player, with a sense of urgency, and the ability to meet management and customer deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to capture high-level technical information in a clear, concise manner.
• Must have the ability to take and pass a drug test (the department may require drug screening for probable cause at any time).
• Must have the ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
• Must have the ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task in a high-stress, performance-based environment.
• Maintain a high level of integrity and accountability.
• Possess strong problem-solving and leadership skills.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Ability to travel 10% as required.
Join our Talent Network