Financial Management Analyst
Pearl Harbor, HI Join our Talent Network
Financial Management Analyst
Pearl Harbor, HI Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chronos Operations (CO) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega. Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation based in Anchorage, AK. Belonging to the Military, Intelligence, and Operations Support (MIOS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Chronos has a culture rooted in integrity, respect, and exceptional performance. Chronos is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and provides mission-critical services in Advanced Analytics & AI, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Intelligence.
The Financial Management Analyst shall provide financial management and analysis support services to support the overall operational objectives of the Financial Management Division.
Work you'll do
- Consolidate and review for completeness and accuracy budget and financial reports, budget estimates, special reports, data calls, and other documentation for NAVFAC including ECH II, III, and IV organizations, and submit to FM31 within the prescribed deadlines.
- Monitor the execution of funds to verify spending limits are adhered to and issuance of funds is by Resource Allocation Plans and Operating Target controls as authorized and appropriated by Congress. Notify FM31 when execution is not by requirements.
- Extract required reports for assigned accounts from the financial systems, review monthly obligations/expenditures, and accurately identifies conditions of over or under an obligation of funds.
- Review current processes and develop Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform data analytics of various financial reports, and route findings to Federal Financial Analysts for appropriate disposition or action. Must be able to substantiate or explain findings.
- Review problem disbursements, unliquidated obligations, and payroll-related documents reconcile against financial transactions, and/or provide recommendations or findings with supporting documentation to Federal Financial Analysts.
- Maintain electronic Key Supporting Documentation by FM naming conventions in the database/shared drive for file retention.
- Use automated budgetary system(s) and computer-generated products, like Excel, Access, and Pivot tables to accomplish budgeting assignments.
- Provide a weekly report detailing accomplishments, including completed and pending tasks, for the week to the COR.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Experience in data analytics
- Background check required.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of competence in the use of Microsoft Applications, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience monitoring/working with the Department of Defense Appropriations.
- Knowledge of federal government principles of fiscal law.
- Financial experience working with the Department of the Navy Financial System is desirable but not required.
- Experience in STARS-FL or CFMS is desirable but not required.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet minimum clearance requirements.
How you'll grow At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.Benefits At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.Chenega MIOS's culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.Corporate citizenship Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.comGlassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htmLinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/#Chronos Operations, LLCChenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNative preference under PL 93-638.We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Join our Talent Network