Summary Configuration Manager Gaithersburg, MD
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For 20+ years, NJVC has provided federal, DoD, and commercial customers with innovative and cost-effective solutions for their IT needs. NJVC approaches the work with the intensity expected of a mission-critical IT provider, working within the framework of people, processes, and technologies to meet customer requirements.
NJVC is glad to be supporting the Foundation Sustainment Services (FS2) contract that will establish the acquisition framework for delivering the full scope of information technology services and capabilities to support the Information Technology (IT) sustainment services for the Foundation GEOINT Integrated Program Office (IPF) and the FG capabilities/services in support of the NGA's Source Operations & Management Directorate's Foundation GEOINT Group (SF).
The NJVC team has an opening for a Configuration Manager
to work on a cloud integration, operations, and sustainment program (FS2). The program is involved in the deployment and maintenance of multiple operational cloud-deployed geospatial solutions, and the position will be leading configuration management for one of FS2's Task Orders. A successful candidate will have experience with Agile methodologies and tools, as well as the ability to participate in release planning events, daily scrums, and other technical discussions as needed. The Configuration Manager
will support all activities owned by the CM team, including documentation, architecture diagrams, product deliverables, cloud cost control methodologies and reporting, and other projects while requiring significant collaboration with other teams, program management, and customer stakeholders. Responsibilities
As a Configuration Manager
within our Foundation Sustainment Services ( FS2 )
team, you will:
- Develop knowledge of the program's functional capabilities, including system and derived requirements.
- Collaborate with team leads to plan and manage requirements.
- Manage system requirements to achieve epic goals.
- Update systems engineering artifacts, including but not limited to ConOps, Requirements Analysis, User Guides, and System View & Architecture Diagrams.
- Manage requirements and ensure traceability.
- Develop and maintain program architectural diagrams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR
- Master's degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience OR
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 4+ years of experience
- Significant experience as a Configuration Manager using tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Nexus
- Proven experience managing multiple baselines across multiple environments
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Polygraph post-hire
- Understand and interpret system requirements to ensure procedures satisfy verification of the functionality.
- Understand how individual components affect the requirements.
- Understanding of the requirements gathering process and how to onboard new customers or functionality.
- Understanding of AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience with Agile/SAFe development methodologies
- Experience with team collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Ability to develop a team backlog, plan, and prioritize work
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Creation of Version Description Documents (VDDs)
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard
- Good attention to detail
How you'll grow
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program