Summary Desktop Support Technician Alexandria, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Desktop Support Technician
possesses and applies comprehensive technical knowledge across key tasks and high-impact assignments and can provide customer-centric support to network users regardless of domain. The Desktop Support Technician
delivers IT services, staff, and expertise to operate and maintain service desk functions that provide a ticketing system, operational support, and troubleshooting onsite or remotely as required by Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III technicians. Responsibilities
- Maintain and update the service desk ticketing system where each request is assigned a ticket to the appropriate personnel.
- Serve as a coordinator with external support stakeholders as needed to support NIPR, DREN, SIPR, JWICS, SDREN, DDTE, BLCSE, AWS GovCloud, and other external service desks as required.
- Install, maintain, and support baseline desktop/laptop images provided by RNEC Ft. Belvoir for NIPR and SIPR and INSCOM/GISA for JWICS, including Microsoft Windows operating systems, Office 365 Pro Suite of applications, including MS Teams and Outlook and other applications, like Adobe Acrobat, MS Edge, Google Chrome, computer drivers, encryption tools, and required security patches.
- Monitor, remediate, and report any cybersecurity vulnerabilities and relevant changes applied during maintenance activities, including patches applied to resolve open IAVMs or configuration changes which affect compliance with applicable NIST SP 800-53 security controls.
- Configure, diagnose, and correct problems on hardware, like personal computers (PCs), Multi-Function Devices, VOIP, VTCs, printers, scanners, plotters, modems, card readers, and other peripherals.
- Perform upgrades and install new or replacement hardware.
- Maintain Active Directory, adding systems or users, resetting passwords, diagnosing login problems, and identifying the source of a problem as a group policy or network.
- Provide user account management support from creation through deletion, including System Authorization Access Request (2875) forms management, SIPR token management for NIPR, DREN, SIPR, JWICS, SDREN, DDTE, BLCSE, and AWS GovCloud.
- User accounts currently include AGC's Front Office, GRL, ERDC, WASD, SASD, SPO, and The Army TENCAP office at AGC/Ft. Belvoir Headquarters, US Army Corps of Engineers, and Transatlantic Division (TAD), BLCSE, and AWS GovCloud.
- Support secure and non-secure video systems, including Video Teleconference (VTC) and desktop Local Area Network (LAN) VTC systems and web-based collaboration tools.
- Obtain Data Transfer Agent (DTA) and/or Observer Training; support DTA/Observer efforts as needed.
- Attend Ft. Belvoir hosted IMO/IT monthly meetings and CVCM bi-weekly meetings.
- Schedule rooms, and connections, and operate VTC equipment supporting approximately fifty sessions per month.
- Develop and document core service desk SOPs, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and self-help and troubleshooting guides and provide input to weekly and monthly status reports, metrics, programmatic data calls, and deliverables as needed.
- Assist with asset inventory, tracking changes, and applying updates to the master hardware and software list, (i.e., Tenant Security Plan (TSP) for NIPR and SIPR and the Approval to Connect (ATC)) for JWICs utilizing a combination of physical inventory and an automated asset management system for tracking assets and generating reports.
- Support efforts to decommission equipment and degauss and sanitize data from these decommissioned media or equipment.
- Monitor usage of IT consumables, like toner, batteries, and equipment filters, etc.
- Install, operate, and maintain (IO&M) secure and non-secure video systems, including Video Teleconference (VTC) and desktop Local Area Network (LAN) VTC systems and web-based collaboration tools.
- Schedule rooms and connections and operate VTC equipment on a needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma roe GED equivalent required
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Additional experience may be used instead of a degree
- 3+ years of DoD experience
- DoD 8570 IAT II (Security+ minimum)
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
How you'll grow
- Must have advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications Office 365 Suite, including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and MS Teams.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program