Serves as a member of a dynamic team of developers supporting and developing in house solutions with the Revenue Services Branch of the Department of Information Technology. Solutions include developing using PL/SQL, .NET and integration with COTS solutions.
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
- Develops business solutions by performing all phases of systems development life cycle to include; identifying business requirements, analyzing, selecting or designing technical solutions, supervising the development of computer programs and procedures, programming code or configurations, testing, and conversion.
- Prepares and maintains systems development and operational documentation.
- Performs systems analysis tasks and proposes solution design.
- Develop reports.
- Work closely with team, users, and management.
- Review and document system requirements.
- Batch Processing.
- Maintains skills and knowledge of applications development practices, business applications, diverse platforms and architectures, and emerging technologies.
- Supports IT governance committees by preparing and making presentations and providing information.
- Performs other duties as required.
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to")
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Information Systems, Computer Technology, Business, Economics, or related field, plus three years programming/analysis experience in a complex information systems environment.NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIRMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Application design and development experience using IT and industry standard languages and environments. Experience with large, complex integration projects across multiple agencies' business areas. Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining trust and solid working relationships. Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize projects according to business needs. Knowledge and experience with PL/SQL and/or .NET and advance programing functions.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is generally sedentary, performed in normal office environment. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview and may include exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. DHREmployment@fairfaxcounty.gov