Summary System Administrator Gaithersburg, MD
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For 20+ years, NJVC has provided federal, DoD, and commercial customers with innovative and cost-effective solutions for their IT needs. NJVC approaches the work with the intensity expected of a mission-critical IT provider, working within the framework of people, processes, and technologies to meet customer requirements.
NJVC is glad to be supporting the Foundation Sustainment Services (FS2) contract that will establish the acquisition framework for delivering the full scope of information technology services and capabilities to support the Information Technology (IT) sustainment services for the Foundation GEOINT Integrated Program Office (IPF) and the FG capabilities/services in support of the NGA's Source Operations & Management Directorate's Foundation GEOINT Group (SF).
NJVC, LLC has an opening for an experienced System Administrator
to work on cloud-based systems with a mission operations team. The team is involved in the operations and sustainment of multiple operational cloud-deployed geospatial solutions. A successful candidate will have experience with the installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of cloud-based systems. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a System Administrator
within our FS2
team, you will:
- Primary responsibilities will involve taking a leadership role in system changes and improvements.
- Working directly with government and contractor POCs to troubleshoot and respond to complex user INCs (Incident Reports);
- Monitor all operational systems and perform some of the more complex health checks.
- Deploy security patches and bug fixes to test and operational environments.
- Update critical databases with new data.
- Author and update operational and security documentation, including troubleshooting guides and SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience in Systems, Architectural, SW Development, and SW Sustainment Practices
- Windows administration
- Active CompTIA Security+ Applicant should be available to work at least 4 days on-site from 1000-1800 ET.
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret Security clearance with the ability to obtain SCI CI Poly
How you'll grow
- Desired Experience with RHEL.
- Desired Experience with ArcGIS/ESRI automation and deployments.
- Desired Understanding of RDS and SQL Technology.
- Desired AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer certification(s).
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting.
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications.
- Experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor.
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program