Summary Hardware Engineer I Vandenberg AFB, CA
Venturi, LLC a Chenega company has an exciting career opportunity for a Hardware Engineer I
. Venturi is a subcontractor to a company that operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial, and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon, and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation's safety. Our employees serve at the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating, and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities. Responsibilities
- Design, develop, modify, and implement new and/or existing capabilities for support hardware systems.
- Perform system modeling, simulation, and analysis to provide the most appropriate technical solution.
- Support testing to qualify hardware systems for Range operations.
- Plan, conduct, and assist in the execution of engineering projects.
- Coordinate with technical support personnel for assigned projects.
- Analyze, develop, recommend, and implement approaches to meet requirements.
- Evaluate component suppliers and vendor capabilities.
- Provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Assist with problematic repairs of Line Replaceable Units (LRUs).
- Provide engineering assistance to restore operational systems.
- Supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical major in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Interim Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
How you'll grow
- Proficient in working with Windows-based computer systems and M/S Office tool suite.
- Proficient with digital interface design, including familiarization with interface modules, cable/wire types, and connector systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of hardware systems integration and testing practices.
- Experience in the configuring of Ethernet switches and network protocols.
- Experience providing inputs to complex project proposals within defined time constraints involving multi-discipline teams.
- Proficient in reading, understanding, creating, or modifying wire diagrams, schematics, and mechanical drawings using CAD or other drawing packages.
- Proficient in the use of specialized test equipment including but not limited to VOMs, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Familiarization with computer systems including single-board (SBCs), servers, and workstations.
- Familiarization with the Linux and Windows Operating systems.
- Proficient in technical writing for the development of technical reports, white papers, and other technical support documentation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues verbally and through written media such as graphical slides and verbal presentations to contract management and customers.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage competing demands, prioritize appropriately and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Venturi, LLC Estimated Salary/Wage
USD $70,000.00/Yr. Up to USD $90,000.00/Yr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program