Summary Hardware Engineer III Patrick AFB, FL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
Venturi, LLC a Chenega company has an excellent opportunity for a Hardware Engineer III
. Venturi is a subcontractor to a company that operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial, and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon, and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation's safety. Our employees serve at the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating, and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities. Responsibilities
- Design, develop, modify, evaluate, and implement new and existing hardware systems.
- Support the lead engineer with the technical aspects of a project and the supporting multi-disciplined project team.
- Support Systems Engineering for both the Eastern and Western Ranges in a Subsystem Lead capacity in support of both subsystems, including leading and conducting Subsystem Working Group (SSWG) meetings, as needed, to ensure subsystem needs and deficiencies are being addressed and that resolution/way ahead the plan is in place.
- Research, design, develop, modify, and implement highly complex, new, and/or existing capabilities for range support hardware systems.
- Assist with the development of complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis to provide the most appropriate technical solution.
- Support complex Level 1, 2, and 3 testing to qualify hardware systems for Range operations.
- Plan, conduct, and assist in the execution of projects.
- Develop, recommend, and implement design approaches for products and/or processes.
- Coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel for assigned projects.
- Analyze, develop, recommend, and implement approaches to meet the Range requirements.
- Review literature, patents, and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology.
- Prepare reports regarding new technology to communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Evaluate component suppliers and vendor capabilities.
- Act as a liaison with approved vendors/suppliers to maintain product/process availability and working relationship.
- Serve as an interface for project information to internal management and the customers.
- Develop an understanding of the Range radars, including transmitters, receivers, antennas, and control systems.
- Provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Assist depot with problematic repairs of Line Replaceable Units (LRUs).
- Provide expertise to level 2 requests for engineering assistance to restore operational systems.
- Identify, document, and prioritize the Radar and Optics subsystem needs, deficiencies, and inefficiencies in support of both the eastern and western Ranges.
- Support the development of Return on Investment (ROI) data in support of identified needs, deficiencies, and inefficiencies.
- Support the development of risk statements.
- Provide systems engineering oversight and leadership for products and/or processes, including the identification and review of changes to the Configuration Item (CI) Tree.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or another technical degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 12+ years of related engineering experience
- Interim Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
How you'll grow
- Experience working with Windows-based computer systems and components and Office tool suite
- Experience providing inputs to complex project proposals within defined time constraints involving multi-discipline teams
- Fundamental knowledge of hardware systems integration and testing.
- Fundamental knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and systems engineering processes
- General knowledge of instrumentation systems troubleshooting.
- Proficient in the use of specialized test equipment including but not limited to VOMs, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Fundamental knowledge in technical writing for the development of technical reports (White Papers) and other technical support documentation.
- Familiarization with computer systems including single-board (SBCs), servers, and workstations.
- Familiarization with the Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. driver's license required
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues verbally and through written media, like graphical slides and verbal presentations to contract management and customers.
- Ability to read and understand wire diagrams, schematics, and mechanical drawings
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills to balance, plan, prioritize, and execute projects
- Strong leadership and conflict management skills
- Good human relations and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external support personnel and guide less experienced engineers
- Ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment with time constraints
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program