Summary Senior AV/VTC Engineer Ft. Belvoir, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
The Senior AV/VTC Engineer
shall be responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing, upgrading, and modifying video teleconferencing equipment systems. Responsibilities
- Serve as the team lead for on-site engineering personnel and customer liaison on
- Provide life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build-out
- Provide support and service in the AV Engineering Team supporting a DoD organization with video-teleconferencing services.
- Conduct site surveys to establish AV/VTC systems and equipment customer
- Provide on-site support primarily at customer site locations.
- Provide occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as
- Resolve system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault
- Repair, replace, or reprogram faulty equipment, as
- Perform setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of AV/VTC sessions.
- Provide client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Act as equipment custodian and perform inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Responsible for the generation of and compliance with customer organization and contractual recurring daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements, non-recurring, and special reports.
- Develop and implement metrics capture processes and procedures, quality control and assurance processes and procedures, performing other tasks as assigned, and demonstrating proficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail in assigned duties.
- Complete annual company and customer training requirements.
- Record labor hours daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BA/BS degree in the information technology field and 6+ years of the current experience of performance in designing, installing, and configuring enterprise Desktop VTC deployments, or 12+ years of relevant work experience.
- CompTIA Security+ certification required.
- Certification, knowledge, and experience with AMX, Crestron, or Extron control systems.
- Must have senior knowledge and configuring, maintaining, and sustaining Extron, Crestron, AMX, and Cisco UC/VTC technologies.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- TS/SCI clearance is required to start.
How you'll grow
- Ability to apply Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) requirements on UC technologies.
- Understanding of Department of Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) TTPs, Defense (DoD), and DISA VTC requirements.
- Ability to resolve basic and advanced troubleshooting on Cisco UC technologies.
- Knowledge of AV/VTC sessions, Call Managers, scheduling, and AV/VTC services with outside agencies for executive-level users.
- Ability to perform duties in the DoD classified and unclassified environments, including the use of KIV-7 encryption keys for ISDN/IP classified connectivity.
- Experienced with IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, TCP/IP, QoS, ISDN, Firewall Traversal, SIP, H.323, relevant video standards, and DoD Video Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) processes, and familiarity with and ability to comply with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) operational
- Working knowledge of SIP, ISM, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP, SRTP, TCP/IP and UDP, content control protocols, video compression standards, packet analyzers, routing protocols, and networking fundamentals, Tandberg, Polycom, and Cisco video and voice technologies.
- Full working knowledge of commercial construction methods, like ceiling deck constructions, wall framing, structural engineering, electrical wiring, and cable/fiber installation.
- Familiar with AR 25-1 and DoD PAM 25-91.
- Experienced in Cisco Unified Communications Manager/Cisco Meeting Serve Technologies Operations and Maintenance.
- Experienced with multi-security classified and unclassified IP video teleconferencing/presentations.
- Senior experience with networking and LAN/WAN and Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) cabling standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network routing and switching.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages: C+, C++, C#, Visual Basic, or HTML.
- Experienced with the industry's audio Digital Signal Processors (DSPs).
- Knowledge of wireless technologies.
- Experience with DITSCAP/8500.2 IA controls desired.
- Understanding of PKI
- Must have the ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
- Must have the ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-stress, performance-based environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and accountability.
- Possess strong problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel CONUS and/or OCONUS up to 10% as required.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program