Summary Mid-Level Help Desk Technician Boston, MA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Systems (CS) provides federal agencies empowered solutions in Cybersecurity and Data Visualization. Our Subject Matter Experts offer decades of experience working in the federal marketplace and the data visualization environment.
The Mid-Level Help Desk Technician
will field incoming requests from end users via in-person, telephone, or electronic ticketing system courteous manner and ensure the physical and information security of the program's assets and information. Responsibilities
- Support the secure and continuous operations of the program facility and comply with all security processes and procedures necessary to properly safeguard and protect program assets and information.
- Field incoming incidents and service requests from end users in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize incidents and problem resolutions and escalate as required to the appropriate next level.
- Use the ticketing system to record, track, and document Help Desk service requests.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software, hardware, and security procedures used and supported by the organization.
- Perform desktop user system maintenance, including installing and upgrading software.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, laptops, printers, and peripherals.
- Provide one-on-one end-user problem resolution.
- Receive, deliver, tag, set up, and assist in the configuration of end-user hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Support Software/Hardware on equipment, like Scanners, Copiers, Printers, Monitors, and other peripherals.
- Help install local area network (LAN) cabling systems and equipment and manage service applications to ensure their maximum utilization.
- Manage effective inventory control of all property and monitor system warrantee and support service programs to ensure maximum system uptime and availability.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Familiar with the configuring/set-up of Apple iOS
- CompTIA Security+ certified or government-approved equivalent must be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Interim Secret clearance is required
How you'll grow
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels, and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their application.
- Ability to learn new systems and procedures for proficient execution of tasks and manage multiple tasks with time-related constraints in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Thorough knowledge of service management and system maintenance.
- Strong verbal communication skills for effective customer management.
- Current/valid US driver's license
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Systems, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program