AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence and nearly 38 million members, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
AARP's Community, State and National Affairs (CSN) Group includes Government Relations, Programs, Volunteer Engagement, Community Outreach and Advocacy at the federal, state and local levels. It delivers on AARP's social mission by educating and engaging people 50-plus and their families, strengthening communities, and championing issues that help give people financial and health security.
The Social & Digital Media Advisor designs and manages digital marketing/communications strategies and activities related to through digital channels to drive specific outcomes and actions among the target audience. Responsibilities
- Designs and implements communications and outreach strategies tailored for target audiences, digital channels, and strategic objectives that inform, educate, and influence both internal and external audiences.
- Manages organization's digital properties. Supports and manages the overall strategic direction of organizational digital platforms. Optimizes online channels against key performance indicators and makes data-informed decisions.
- Oversees content creation for various digital platforms. Leads efforts to identify and document strategies for campaigns, working with multiple business units. Provides analyses and recommendations on digital strategies that align with organizational initiatives and goals. Identifies appropriate channels. Designs campaigns to meet specific and varied business unit objectives. Tracks performance and implements necessary changes.
- Works with internal and external teams to develop and execute digital marketing strategies that increase organizational brand equity and build affinity and engagement among programs. Builds and manages strategic partnerships across the enterprise to enhance business unit effectiveness on digital and social channels.
- Tracks and measure results and KPIs and adjusts tactics, accordingly. Keeps abreast of the latest digital trends and best practices to inform digital marketing strategies, as well as to aid internal knowledge sharing.
- Provides exceptional client service by developing timelines to meet project commitments and ensuring deliverables from across the organization and external partners are on time.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal clients, ensuring a solid understanding of their objectives, developing plans to achieve them across channels (e.g., Email, SMS, Paid Search, etc.), proactively surfacing new opportunities, and productively resolving any challenges.
- Identifies vendors best suited to advance organizational goals and proactively manages vendor relationships to ensure successful completion of projects, obligations, and expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Political Communications, Digital Marketing, or any other Communications related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and implementing social media strategies for a variety of clients at an agency or large complex organization.
- Previous social media management experience is required, including social content and community management. Paid media management is a plus. Previous experience working with journalists and/or editorial teams.
- Working knowledge of social communications platforms, blogs, mobile, user-generated sites, etc. Proven track record in applying new trends and emerging platforms to further a brand's social media strategy.
- Experience managing/ implementing social content strategy using data, analytics, and audience metrics to measure and drive growth.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and possesses client-service orientation and account management skills.
- Experience building out targeted campaigns.
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Independent judgement in evaluation options to make sound decisions
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.