IT Engineer, Software Engineer (CII)
Position #: 128330
The Software Engineer maintains, implements, and integrates both on premise and hosted systems using primarily Java and web-based technologies. The position is hands-on, agile, team-based development.
The Software Engineer is responsible for:
- Implementing software applications within a development team.
- Following a formal development methodology and working within scheduled timelines.
- Participating in peer code reviews, documentation, and formal testing.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 0-4 years experience.
- Experience with Java as a language and platform.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of object oriented principles; software design; use of design patterns.
- Understanding of established software engineering standards and methodologies including some or all of the following: creation and use of Use Cases, UML modeling, source control, documentation, and unit testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, paired with ability to express complex technical concepts effectively.
- Experience working productively in a software engineering team in the design, development, and implementation of a software module/component.
- Familiarity with java web application environments (Servlets, JSP, HTML, CSS).
- Familiarity with Spring frameworks, databases (preferably Oracle), and data binding tools (ORM, XML).
Salary range low $70,000s- low $90,000s
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Employee will need to be able to sit for long periods of time to work on a computer, as well as travel occasionally to meet with clients and customers on and off campus.
Best consideration date: 06/06/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/107326
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.