Philanthropic Engagement Specialist
Bowie State University
Regular or Contingent II
Desired Start Date
Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for supporting philanthropic engagement, with donors, prospective donors, and stakeholders of the Bowie State University community. The incumbent will be a customer service-focused agent and self-starter who will support the Manager of Donor Engagement and Stewardship to manage, co-manage, or coordinate stewardship and developmental activities including, but not limited to:
- Under the supervision of the Donor Engagement and Stewardship Manager, supports the cultivation of current and prospective donors. This consists of supporting OAES strategies.
- Working closely with the Manager in the planning and implementation of the University System of Maryland’s annual Maryland Charity Campaign. This includes partnering with the four colleges and all administrative units.
- Supporting stewardship of donors, including coordination and efforts on increasing participation of infinity groups such as student organizations and fraternities/sororities, alumni within 1 – 10 years of graduation, and volunteer boards.
- Responsible for arranging and coordinating logistics for campus visits by donors and prospects; providing logistical and administrative support during events sponsored by the division.
- Support the Office of Alumni Engagement and Stewardship (OAES) strategic plan by assisting and facilitating alumni and student engagement activities and programs.
- Works with the Donor Engagement and Stewardship Manager to ensure the timely delivery of gift acknowledgment letters, scholarship reporting, personal and professional milestones collateral, and other cultivation collateral as directed.
- Documents tasks performed by OAES and constitutes touched by OAES in the appropriate databases for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This role requires the incumbent to be a self-starter with excellent organizational, communication, personal relationship, and meeting management skills and be comfortable in being able to work with internal/external stakeholders and partners with varying needs. Of particular importance in this role is the ability to act as a liaison for Philanthropic Engagement events with internal and external stakeholders to execute activities that position Bowie State University as a top philanthropic priority for current and prospective donors.
Associate degree preferred. Related experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position may be substituted
Prior experience with customer service, event management, donor relations, and student and alumni affairs preferred, but not required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with donors, students, faculty/staff and vendors.
Conditions of Employment
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are encouraged but not required for eligible faculty and staff employed by Bowie State University. This protocol is subject to change.
This is a Union Position.
BSU offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 13 holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply: https://bowiestate.peopleadmin.com/postings/2790