OT Network Analyst I/II
- Fairfax Water
- Fairfax, Virginia
- May 17, 2023
- Jun 06, 2023
- Full Time
Under the supervision of the Operational Technologies (OT) Manager , the OT Network Analyst I ensures the stability, reliability, and integrity of Water Production LAN and WAN data communications on operational technology networks at control & Water distribution sites. Provides resolution for break-fix network problems and assists in design and implementation to improve LAN/WAN infrastructure and reliability. This individual is an escalation point, including after-hours, for advanced networking related issues. Responsible for assisting with the design, installation, configuration, maintenance, and documentation of network systems/solutions, and serve as technical support for Operations and projects.
Examples of Duties
- Monitor network performance, troubleshoot, and resolve problem areas as needed.
- On-call and needs to respond on-site as needed; typically as a secondary resource for network related issues
- Under guidance, upgrade and replace hardware as needed to ensure smooth and reliable operation to meet business objectives.
- Under guidance, perform system backups, recovery, and comprehensive testing of the backup procedures and backups.
- Document as needed with the assumption you will be unavailable during various outages/disasters and another network engineer will be responding.
- Collaborate with team and other departments to assess short-term and long-term network needs.
- Determine requirements to meet the needs; appropriately communicate, prioritize, review and test options, document, plan, procure, deploy, monitor, and maintain.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, deployment, maintenance, diagrams, processes, and service records.
- Follow and maintain policies, procedures, and associated plans for network administration.
- Research and provide recommendations for reliable and maintainable solutions for Fairfax Water to meet clearly defined requirements.
- Work with the team to design, test, configure, upgrade, document, and deploy LAN and WAN equipment and connections, site-to-site VPNs, including servers for network administration, routers, switches, firewalls, microwave radios, and various WAN circuits.
- Conduct research on network products, security issues, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the water production industry.
- Recommend/implement solutions to address or improve cybersecurity concerns.
- Possession of an associate’s degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science or related field and 1 year of relevant networking experience; Or Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science or related field; Or 2 years of relevant networking experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or CCNP preferred.
- Experience and success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of network planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Working knowledge of core routing and switching design principles, best practices, and related technologies.
- Experience in implementing and managing both local area and wide area networks.
- Working Experience with Cisco Networking products
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, copper and fiber cabling, TCP/IP, Protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches, firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, RSTP, QoS, BGP, Metro Ethernet, and network attacks.
- Minimum of one year experience working with, implementing, managing and supporting enterprise level IP networks.
- Excellent troubleshooting experience.
- Application support experience with network monitoring and analysis.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures.
- Able to produce and maintain technical documents (e.g. Visio diagrams, design documents, Project plans preferably Microsoft Project, knowledge base, and schedules and help desk and user instructions)
- Must be able to climb and work from water tanks.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to perform weekend and after hour support.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.