Summary Senior Network Engineer San Antonio, TX
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Systems (CS) provides federal agencies empowered solutions in Cybersecurity and Data Visualization. Our Subject Matter Experts offer decades of experience working in the federal marketplace and the data visualization environment.
The Senior Network Engineer
performs network engineering tasks to design, implement, and test Internet Protocol (IP) network solutions for LAN and WAN environments. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Senior Network Engineer
within our 90th Software Factory
team, you will:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Interact with multiple DoD programs, engineers, and application developers to design and implement solutions for IT and video-related system architectures.
- Test and evaluate new products which satisfy customer requirements.
- Investigate new technology or approaches that improve system performance or reduce system costs.
- Develop engineering plans and work breakdown structures.
- Provide technical expertise on the integration of IT systems.
- Develop network requirements, specification preparation, test plans, deployment, and upgrade plans.
- Participate in the analysis, design, and test of new IP-based equipment and configurations for new or existing networks.
- Propose upgrades to existing network architectures and configurations.
- Perform integration testing.
- Participate in the management of network configurations.
- Conduct Tier III Operations and Maintenance support to identify the severity of problems, determine corrective action, resolve technical problems, perform fault isolation, and implement solutions.
- Remain current on LAN and WAN network product developments and improvements.
- Develop and execute test procedures for various network projects.
- Develop and deploy network traffic reporting tools.
- Proactively evaluate network performance and utilization trends.
- Troubleshoot and analyze network issues, failures, and congestion.
- Respond to system problems on a 24 x 7 basis and take part in on-call rotation.
- Perform packet-level analysis with network protocol analyzer software tools.
- Manage effective inventory control of property and monitor system warrantee and support service programs to ensure maximum system uptime and availability.
- May provide specific task direction to staff but does not have formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- CompTIA Security+ or government-approved equivalent certification in addition to Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is required
- A combination of additional experience, education, and training may be used instead of formal education and/or certifications
- Background check required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret level clearance
How you'll grow
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels, and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications.
- Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contract manufacturing environment.
- Speak effectively before groups of internal and/or external customers or employees.
- High level of integrity and accountability.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Systems, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program