The Building Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for comprehensive Building Maintenance Operations, managing employees and contractors involved in mechanical system repairs and replacements as well as custodial services.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Extensive leadership experience with the ability to effectively supervise others to achieve excellent performance Strong business acumen, understanding the impact of physical plant and equipment operation and how it improves or degrades business performance.
- Knowledge of financial reporting. Ability to develop reports and budgets.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving with the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated skill in resolving issues with contractors.
- Knowledge of the technical, engineering and quality requirements of mechanical systems used in facility management.
- An aptitude for and experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems. Experience with HVAC controls systems.
- Excellent project management skills including writing of specifications, selection of contractors, and evaluation of contractor work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to serve in a key incident managerial positions during City emergency events.
- Associate Degree or six (6) years of experience at the journeyman level of a trade
- 5 years’ experience in building management and/or maintenance
- 4 years of supervision experience, supervising mechanical trades staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or
- Master level in Trade
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Maryland Driver’s license
Must be eligible to participate in the Building Maintenance On-Call program.
Must complete FEMA classes IS 100, 200 and 700 within six months of hire.
*COVID-19 vaccination required in order to qualify for this position
Salary: $76,155.00 - $90,000.00 based on qualifications and experience.
Employee Benefits: Telework and flexible scheduling; Excellent medical, dental, vision, life and long-term care insurance; 401(k) with employer match; 457 savings plan.
How to Apply:
please visit the city’s website at: www.cityofbowie.org and click on the employment link.
Application Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie employment application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE