Clearance Required:Ability to Obtain a Secret
US Citizenship:RequiredSummary The MIL Corporation
is looking for an Electromechanical Engineering Manager (Engineering, Manager)
to lead and mentor our mechanical and electrical engineering group for development of communications systems. This role supports a wide range of projects that require solutions to design constraints. The person filling this role will provide experience and leadership for the overall analysis and design of complex systems supporting the DoD and other government agencies. This role is based out of our Lexington Park, MD location. Responsibilities
- Serve as group manager for electro-mechanical engineering group, providing technical and business practice mentoring to direct reports and others within our organization.
- Provide mechanical, electrical, and systems engineering expertise, direction, and guidance for design, development, integration and interface design analysis, installation, integration, field analysis, fielding, operation, maintenance, and testing of electro-mechanical aspects of information processing and other C6ISR-related systems.
- Deliver technical subject matter expertise (e.g., FEA, FoS, etc.) in electro-mechanical and related engineering areas for tasking involving system concept formulation, system, and subsystem design analysis, interface design analysis, field service analysis, installation, integration, and test and evaluation of C5ISR equipment/systems and subsystems.
- Conduct system and subsystem engineering analysis, interface design, and field service evaluation.
- Lead development of wiring and installation diagrams such as cable block diagrams and cable run sheets.
- Develop documentation for Test and Evaluation Master Plans and related documentation.
- Perform integration, test/evaluation, and installation engineering for electronic equipment/systems and subsystems.
- Develop preliminary system architecture, conducts market research and trade studies, and designs subsystems for various military platforms.
- Perform sustainment planning, fielding validation and verification testing, production engineering planning, risk assessment and technical resolution.
Approximately 10% of the time, to CONUS and OCONUS sites as required. Required Qualifications
- Ten (10) or more years of practical engineering experience in engineering, analysis and integration of equipment/systems and subsystems, at least five (5) years of experience must be performing engineering functions related to military C6ISR Systems.
- Strong proficiency with CAD software and analysis tools (structural analysis, thermal analysis), Autodesk suite preferred
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices, knowledge of military standards preferred (ex. MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-901)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, material selection, and design for manufacturability
- Ability to manage complex projects/solutions and advise other mechanical engineers on design decisions
- Experience leading small groups in directed tasking, including evaluation of progress and reporting of status to project managers.
- Experience with systems engineering framework and reviews such as System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, and Comprehensive Design Review.
- Experience must include at least three (3) to five (5) years as a supervisor or functional lead.
- Experience with unmanned aerial systems/vehicles (UAS/UAV).
- Experience with RF systems, including waveguides and cabling of high frequency signals.
- Experience with 3-D printing and solid modelling.
- Experience with ISO-9001, AS9100, and configuration management processes, including ASME drafting standards.
- Experience with design, development, installation, and maintenance of rack-mounted communications systems, including aircraft and ship-based equipment.
- Experience with project management, including development of and tracking to integrated master schedules.
- Existing Secret, Top Secret, TS/SCI, or TS/SCI with Yankee White.
Bachelor's (Master's or higher is preferred) degree from an accredited college in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related areas. Clearance
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects. C ompensation
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability , and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance . Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $130,000 - $160,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.