ERP International is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for a full-time position supporting the Emergency Room at David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, CA. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2022 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, Health Savings Account available, STD, LTD and Life Insurance! and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
Pay: $80- $87 per hour DOE
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Fourteen 12-hour shifts per 28 days, rotating days and nights.
0645-1915 (day shift) or 1845-0715 (night shift).
Rotating weekends and holidays.
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
• Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
• Perform physical exam and health histories.
• Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
• Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
• Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
• Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
• Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
• Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
• Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
• Provides emergency nursing care for emergent, urgent, and non-urgent patients coming to the Emergency Department.
• Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all patients including newborns, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly; disabled to include visually and hearing impaired; and individuals of varying ethnic and religious backgrounds to include those who do not speak or understand English.
• Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
• Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
• Assumes full responsibility for assigned patients and ancillary personnel. Delegates tasks, directs emergency room technicians, specialty technicians, and provides counseling, guidance, and patient education.
• Recognizes medical emergencies and responds appropriately. Initiates CPR if required. Assists medical team in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when necessary.
• Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
• Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
• Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
• Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness
• Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level utilizing the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
• Assesses patients.
• Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other health team members.
• Will be oriented/trained on the use of all equipment available for patient care. Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
• Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues
• Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
• Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
• Contributes to professional environment using appropriate leadership skills.
• May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment,
• Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, peer review, and other activities designed to enhance health services.
• Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
• Be productive and perform with minimal supervisory direction.
• Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
* Education: ADN or BSN Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
* Experience: Minimum of two years' experience with at least one year in an emergency room, within the last three years.
* Licensure: Current RN License from any state.
* Clinical Certification: Completion of critical care training course or completion of an equitable platform (i.e., Essentials of Critical Care Orientation [ECCO], online course from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses preferred, but not required.
* Life Support Certification: Possess current AHA or ARC BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.