West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Director - Enterprise Tech Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff (CoS) Sr. Director role is a critical position supporting our senior leadership. The Sr. Director would be responsible for enabling our leaders to execute strategic work while ensuring operational rigor for business cadence and large-scale program management.
Our team partners across divisional Chiefs of Staff, Communications, HR, Finance, Product, and our Tech Leadership team to enable our collective organizational goals.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and executing strategy, Tech process and program management, problem solving, and be able to tell a story using critical thinking skills. The candidate must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Directly support the Enterprise Tech team in all Chief of Staff related activities, with a particular focus on strategy development, leadership support, and tech program execution
- Partner with leadership to create, socialize, and mobilize against data driven strategies
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional key stakeholders to understand processes and drive results. Connect dots across multiple leaders to understand and aggregate impacts to the business.
- Advise leadership utilizing institutional knowledge, network of relationships in and out of the organization, and dedication to helping amplify the voice of Tech leadership
- Be a force-multiplier driving the effectiveness of the team
- Support and lead moderate to large horizontal priorities, programs, and special projects across the team
- Exemplify the Capital One Values by doing the right thing and serving as a culture carrier for the organization
- Provide insight to support and drive Tech culture with a focus on the associate experience
The successful candidate will be:
- A source of positive energy, inspiration and motivation for the organization
- A self-confident, self-starter, and strategic thinker
- Able to build strong, trusted relationships and operate in an influential manner with executives to assist in driving the strategic agenda
- A strong facilitator, negotiator and mediator, with the ability to drive to consensus
- An operator, capable of decomposing a vision into goals and goals into execution plans
- Action oriented, always leaning in and moving with a sense of urgency
- A multi-tasker, able to handle multiple priorities in parallel, and extremely well organized
- Technically sharp and product minded
- Highly collaborative (comfortable partnering with all levels of the organization)
- Experienced at seeing patterns and commonalities that can create a bigger picture out of small pieces, anticipating what's around the corner
- Experienced in practicing discretion while handling highly sensitive issues
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in a technology role
- At least 9 years of experience in project or process management
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience serving in a Chief of Staff or project management role in a large, complex and matrixed organization
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- 8+ years of experience in organizational development and performance
- Certifications: PMP, AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).