West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Associate, Cyber Risk and Analysis
Capital One is one of the fastest growing organizations in the world today. The growth of the business is being accelerated by leveraging innovative and emerging technologies. We are serious about technology, we dream big, and we execute: Capital One moved our entire enterprise to the public cloud over the course of five years, fully exiting our data centers. Just as we prioritize driving innovation through technology, we equally prioritize cybersecurity and managing technology risk. Cybersecurity Risk Management professionals at Capital One are trusted expert advisers who shape decisions, challenge activities to ensure they meet our standards, and generally oversee technology, cybersecurity, and information security risk across the business and the central technology organization.
Cybersecurity risk management plays a critical role in ensuring that the company's risk-taking entities are aware of the risks inherent in their activities and decisions, the impact of their actions on the company at an enterprise level, and opportunities to reduce, mitigate, or avoid the risks altogether. Associates are highly-skilled and have a wealth of experience and a demonstrated ability to provide value added recommendations and deliver high-impact results in the cybersecurity domain areas.
Cybersecurity is a strategic priority at Capital One, with heavy engagement from the Board, the Chief Executive Officer, and the executive committee. By joining Capital One, you will be providing these executives with the trusted, independent voice they need to ensure our company's cybersecurity risks are appropriately managed. The position affords opportunities for substantial growth. The demands and high-visibility nature of this position require an expert with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and who can begin contributing immediately. Job Responsibilities:
- As part of a team, support and execute independent oversight and effective challenge of the firm's cybersecurity priorities.
- Ensure effective governance by identifying risk topics to be discussed by senior management in enterprise cyber risk forums.
- Develop risk management reports and be able to tailor risk reporting and communications to upstream and downstream stakeholder audiences.
- Draft agendas, manage risk management action items, and coordinate with stakeholders to develop risk management materials to support senior management discussions.
- Stay current on emerging cyber threats and potential implications to the firm.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues, stakeholders, and leaders across multiple organizations to achieve strategic objectives.
- Coordinate risk-related program activities and deliverables to ensure effective collaboration within the team and across stakeholder groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across levels of leadership.
- Passion and expertise in cybersecurity, with an ability to be confident, respectful, and articulate when registering dissenting or unpopular opinions.
- Ability to examine cybersecurity and information security risk management data from different sources with the goal of providing key risk insights.
- Ability to manage and synthesize information into meaningful messages and context to understand the impact of cybersecurity risks. Relevant for upstream (e.g., executive management) and downstream (e.g., Line of Business stakeholder) audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple risk management projects while maintaining superior results.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of experience managing, consulting, auditing, or working in the fields of information security, technology, or risk management
- At least 3 years of experience developing, evaluating, or implementing cybersecurity or technology strategy or governance structures
- At least 3 years of project management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience managing, consulting, auditing, or working in the fields of information security, technology, or risk management
- 4+ years of experience with cybersecurity or technology policies
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).