West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Directory Security Engineer
Do the colors red, blue and purple mean something to you? Do you have experience, analyzing, monitoring and securing Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, AWS Microsoft AD, Google Cloud Directory, LDAP, or other directory related systems or platforms?
Do you have a desire to learn and work on exciting leading edge technologies, design solutions for complex on-premises and cloud-based directory security challenges, and push both technology and security into the future? If so, then keep reading as this role might be for you.
Capital One is seeking an experienced security engineer within the Identity and Access Management organization to be a member of a team responsible for securing Capital One's enterprise Directory Services environment that includes Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, AWS managed Microsoft Active Directory, and Google Cloud Domain Directory.
Candidates for this role should have experience in analyzing, managing and securing complex enterprise level Active Directory and related environments, have a passion for risk assessment and mitigation, analyzing and generating complex reports, learning new cloud based technologies, and driving automated and efficient solutions to complex problems. Responsibilities:
- Protecting and securing Capital One's enterprise Active Directory environments, including on-premise and cloud environments from Amazon, Microsoft, and Google
- Participate in the analysis, troubleshooting, investigation and remediation of security related activities and events within the various Active Directory platforms
- Develop and generate periodic security audits to ensure the Active Directory environments adhere to Capital One's and industry standard security, risk and compliance requirements
- Develop, deploy and manage scripts to automate the generation of reports across various technologies like Active Directory, LDAP, and related technologies
- Participate as a team member on various projects within or across technology and business teams
- Perform vulnerability assessments and security testing to proactively identify and remediate security risks within the Active Directory environment
- Support tools from Microsoft, Quest, and OneID to better protect the environment and monitor for security breaches, intrusions and irregular system and user behavior
- Partner with other Cyber Security engineers to implement technology solutions
- Participate in disaster recovery activities, capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning and maintenance to ensure high availability of security monitoring systems
- Evaluate, test, and select new security, compliance, and audit tools
- Partner with CyberSecurity teams to support forensic investigations and ensure integration with enterprise SIEM systems such as Splunk
- Be familiar with technologies such as, SSO, FIDO/FIDO2, Passwordless, AuthZ, AuthN and products like, Ping, Okta, and Windows Hello
Key Terms : Active Directory, Windows, Microsoft, Azure, AzureAD, AWS, Google Cloud, Powershell, Python, IAM, Directory Services, LDAP, Security, Compliance, Authentication, Authorization, Security Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of experience with Active Directory
- At least 2 years of experience securing enterprise level Active Directory environments
- At least 2 years of experience monitoring and analyzing logs from Active Directory
- At least 2 years of experience developing scripts or queries to generate reports against Active Directory, LDAP, or SQL
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience supporting Active Directory in a cloud hosted environment in AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Server 2016, 2019 or later Active Directory
- Professional Certification:CISSP, CISM, CEH, or Security+
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $161,900 - $184,800 for Prin Assoc, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).