- Rockville, Maryland
- Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $75,304 - $83,671 https://www.asha.org/careers/ASHA-jobs/benefits/
- May 11, 2023
- May 31, 2023
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for building and managing a sponsorship program that meets the marketing goals of sponsor organizations and the goals of the Association. The person in this position is responsible for (a) the development, pricing, sale, and execution of sponsorships and (b) promotions. The person in this position works directly with organizations whose goal is to recognize a positive return on investment (ROI) through increased brand awareness and sales by reaching ASHA members. The person in this position also creates new opportunities for potential sponsors based on their marketing goals. The candidate needs strong relationship management skills, including having the ability to foster collaboration, valuing other perspectives, and gaining support and buy-in through excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail is critical, along with the ability to establish metrics and measure program effectiveness. Superior customer service is a hallmark of this position. The Association is seeking someone who can grow and develop long-term relationships with clients. The candidate will maximize the effectiveness of social media channels—including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and emerging platforms—as part of the client’s sales and marketing strategy. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is proficient in working across multiple departments. The person in this position is also responsible for raising revenue across several verticals, each with different goals, markets, and end-user audiences.
- Coordinates the cross-functional development and sale of sponsorships across multiple verticals with different objectives and demographics.
- Designs, plans, and markets sponsorship activations for clients to maximize brand awareness and lead generation. Evaluates and recommends activation around existing and new opportunities.
- Fulfills sponsorship opportunities and works with outside vendors and decorators.
- Has the ability to (a) use Salesforce to strategically identify leads of new and existing clients to meet or exceed budget and (b) expand lead generation by making cold calls.
- Provides prominent levels of customer care and builds long-lasting relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Generates new ideas to (a) meet client needs and (b) maximize sponsorship sales growth.
- Researches and analyzes opportunities, sets up tracking and measurement reports, and regularly updates senior management.
- Leverages social media channels to (a) raise awareness and increase sales of the sponsorship program and (b) promote upcoming sponsored events.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with other sales reps to help maximize revenue for the Association.
- Must be comfortable interviewing business owners in real time for live-streaming events.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- 3–5 years of related experience in a B2B marketing and sales position.
- Successful completion of a marketing or related bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in groups and leading teams.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Understands and prefers relationship sales to transactional sales.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills to maximize marketing opportunities.
- Understands financials and communicates ROI to sponsorship organizations.
- Enjoys and is comfortable with public speaking and making marketing presentations.
- Develops pricing for sponsorships and collaborates with other sales representatives on pricing for sales packages.
- Is proficient with social media marketing and outreach via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and emerging platforms.
- Is proficient in MS Office, Association Management Systems, and Salesforce.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Thinks with a “big picture” mindset and enjoys the details of logistics and execution.
- Is highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Has the proven ability to problem-solve, ideate, and make decisions quickly.
- Understands and balances the goals of the Association and those of the sponsoring organization to create a win‒win for both entities.
- Shows curiosity and the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Possesses professional maturity and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Can travel a minimum of 2–3 weeks per year.