Summary Construction Manager Quantico, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Architecture Design Solutions (CADS) is an Alaskan Native Small Disadvantaged Business, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega Corporation. We solve complex challenges with dedication and excellence-keeping clients and stakeholders informed at every step. Our professionals have been serving clients for more than three decades.
We make our clients' priorities our own so that we can develop consistent, long-term partnerships with all of our customers. Fulfilling our commitments to our clients and projects is the backbone of those relationships, and our ability to be agile and flexible is a big part of our success.
The Construction Manager
will collaborate with the NAVFAC field offices relating to Project Management and Construction Engineering for various projects. Responsibilities
- Review pre-final contract drawings and specifications, including technical RFPs concerning constructability and compatibility with actual field conditions for both design-bid-build and design-build projects
- Assist in coordinating mandatory post-award contract meetings, like post-award kickoff meetings as applicable, preconstruction conferences, informal or formal partnering meetings, schedule acceptance meetings, design review meetings as applicable, coordination and mutual understanding meetings, LEED coordination meetings as applicable, facility turnover planning meetings (NAVFAC Red Zone), and final inspections
- Assist and recommend acceptance and rejection of contractor administrative submittals. Like schedules (both bar charts and networks), environmental protection plans design and construction quality control plans health and safety plans, and accident prevention plan
- Coordinate review and approval of technical "government-approved" submittals, like shop drawings, product data, samples, design data, manufacturer's instructions, test plans/reports, certificates, and O&M data promptly
- Assist in managing the contractor Requests for Information (RFIs) and ensuring timely responses
- Ensure effective communication and coordination between the project manager, design manager, contract specialist, contractor, project technical team, client, and others as appropriate
- Assist in monitoring available project budget and time constraints, including relevant cost and schedule growth metrics, and initiate appropriate planning and corrective action as necessary, to ensure funding thresholds and impacts to operational needs are not exceeded
- Visit construction sites to monitor progress and solicit daily input from the Engineering Technician/Quality Assurance (ET/QA) representatives and CQC reports
- Attend QC meetings, including preparatory meetings involving critical work activities
- Provide project status updates to senior personnel within the field office or Supported Command
- Assist the IPT PM in the management of Post Construction Award Services (PCAS) when requested
- Assist in coordinating delivery, acceptance, inspection, and installation of government-furnished equipment
- Assist in coordinating the installation of collateral equipment and connection of phones, data, other communication systems, and utility service
- Assist in preparing property record inventory documents, including DD 1354 Transfer and Acceptance of Military Real Property by NAVFAC Business Management System (BMS) and coordination with IPT Project Managers and Installation Real Property Accountable Officer (RPAO)
- Assist in identifying the need for a modification to scope, cost, and/or schedule based on collaboration with supported Command, designer, and/or other entities
- Assist in the issuance of the contract or request for proposal
- Assist in ensuring funds are reserved for the modification
- Prepare Independent Government Estimates (IGEs) when requested
- Assist in preparing or coordinating the preparation of sketches and drawings in support of negotiations and issuance of the modification
- After negotiation, assist in preparing the final documentation and wording for the modification, including the justification for cost and time involved in support of the Contracting Officer
- Assist in providing technical support for claims/disputes/terminations processing, negotiation, and resolution
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree is required and a degree in Engineering or Architecture, Construction Management Engineering, or related fields is preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a Construction Manager with a strong background in mechanical engineering
- Interim Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Registration as a professional engineer or architect in a US state or US territory is preferred
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge and experience as a Construction Manager
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods as well as construction management
- Ability to review technical engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs or changes
- In-depth knowledge of the various types of construction contracts, project delivery methods, and regulations governing federal contract administration
- Ability to communicate (both orally and in writing) effectively to all leadership levels
- Knowledge and experience with applicable Codes and Industry Standards
- Knowledge of EM 385-1-1, US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and Safety and Health Requirements Manual
- Ability to prepare cost estimates and assist in negotiations of change orders when requested
- Knowledge of computer operations and software applications, like MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Primavera P6
- Ability to travel, as required, to job sites
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#CHENEGA ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGNS SOLUTIONS, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program