Summary Procurement Administrator Lorton, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Procurement Administrator
will perform professional work of advanced difficulty in the technical and administrative functions of the purchasing activities in support of the CBP Integrated Logistics Support contract including purchasing and contract administration. This position is responsible for the procurement of services, supplies, and goods. This includes researching vendors and subcontractors, issuing requests for proposals (RFPs), evaluating the capabilities and performance of vendors, planning, and conducting negotiations, and selecting qualified vendors based on the vendor's ability to provide the required procurement of materials, equipment, and services. Responsible for management of purchases, including organizing and storing documents, creating purchase orders and support contracts, reviewing cost-reimbursable financial transactions and invoice documentation to process payments for services received, and responding to procurement-related inquiries and issues. Ensure purchasing policies and procedures are adhered to. Collect and analyze performance metrics to identify trends and areas for process improvements. Responsibilities
- Own lifecycle management of administrative tasks regarding vendor management, including Statement of Work, Terms and Conditions, project quotes, government cost approval, PR/PO issuance, issuance of authorization to proceed, vendor work schedule tracking, open invoice tracking, invoice follow-up, vendor issue follow-up, and resolution, vendor invoice review and first-level approval or rejection, follow-up on rejections through proper payment, and as necessary purchase card transactions and records management.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment concerning matters of financial significance to procurement-related activities.
- Own the position and act with authority.
- Manage time according to priorities dictated by contract requirements and policies.
- Communicate with the supervisor for all areas in which the Procurement Administrator feels additional training is needed or would be prudent.
- Interface with vendors, contracts, Program Management Office, Strategic Business Unit, and government personnel
- Audit documents for completeness and compliance with contract requirements and policy.
- Work rapidly in a multitasking environment and adapt at any given time according to changing priorities, shifting between independent work and teamwork as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize on the fly.
- Ability to understand the impacts of procurement on operations, dedication to working as a team with the operations group, and to be able to judge or justify vendor costs as "fair and reasonable" to the government COR and Contracting Officer.
- Perform duties with a minimum of errors.
- Prepare and process purchase requests/purchase orders for repairs, consumables, and equipment, ensuring thorough and complete purchase and inventory records of all purchased goods and services by purchasing the policy.
- Negotiate prices, terms, schedules, and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, including terms and conditions, for purchases promptly.
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with vendors.
- Preparation and proactive management of Basic Ordering Agreements (BOAs), including the writing of Statements of Work (SOWs), modifications, and option year executions.
- Accepts both critical and constructive feedback as a personal learning opportunity.
- Market research to identify vendors or subcontractors
- Manage financial records for PR and BOA purchases
- Work with other Chenega units and with Operations Managers for validation of invoices
- Execute vendor invoice processing in compliance with business process service level agreements.
- Ensure compliance with internal purchasing policies including receipt of all required requisitions with approvals.
- Develop and maintain procurement-related processes and data retention mechanisms according to IAW ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Research and resolve purchasing issues, disputes, terms/conditions, etc.
- Initiate and execute purchase order closeout.
- Process RMAs as required.
- Coordinate vendor evaluations as required.
- Forecast procurement needs.
- Identify procurement risks and potential solutions to program and operations management as well as the company PMO.
- Participates in Process Improvement activities.
- Perform training to operations staff on changes to procurement policies or procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- A college degree is highly preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing multiple vendors, including managing lead time, shipment tracking, and invoice processing
- 5+ years of relevant work experience including:
- Accounting structure
- Inventory revenue forecasting
- General knowledge of the federal government contracting environment, FAR, and Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) is required
- Buying or supply chain management experience
- Ability to obtain a CBP Background Investigation
How you'll grow
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt preferred.
- Underlying knowledge of business and contracts preferred.
- Excellent writing skills, including grammar and spelling a must.
- General knowledge of basic purchasing procedures, including BOAs, PRs, etc. is required for the position.
- Strong skills in organizing, and managing time across multiple time zones, tasks, and customer needs.
- High attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to occasionally work nights and weekends as required to satisfy Priority 1 contract requirements or for purposes of completing financial reporting/forecasting tasking.
- Knowledge of government acquisition laws, regulations, and guidelines needed to successfully execute this position.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Experience with Costpoint and Maximo highly preferred but will train.
- Knowledge of Maintenance, Repair, and Logistics (MR&L) support is highly preferred but will train.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program