Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Product Management - HR Data Products
Director, Product Management- HR Data Products
We are seeking a top notch Product leader to lead Capital One's Data Products team. This team delivers internal facing business intelligence products to the Enterprise that includes, but is not limited to our People Data Hub platform.
In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in five key areas:
- Human Centered
- Immerse yourself in knowing your internal and/or external customer(s) by employing empathy research and design thinking to define broad-scale solutions that provide breakthrough leverage
- Model adaptability by encouraging continuous evolution to product strategy in light of industry trends, emerging solutions, new insights, and changing customer and business needs
- Business Focused
- Learn the financial drivers, externalities, and points of leverage within your domain to identify new products or product enhancements that drive sustainable value
- Promote a culture anchored in data used to instrument products, validate outcomes, drive insights, and manage the business both tactically and strategically
- Technology Driven
- Foster a strong agile discipline that inspires teams to continuously improve delivery evidenced through key agility metrics
- Partner with Technology leaders to influence end-state architecture and drive secure, resilient, performant and scalable technology solutions that solve material customer and business problems
- Govern the responsible and efficient application of technology resources by assessing opportunities for reusing existing solutions, clearly defining minimum viable products, and always building with extensibility in mind
- Integrated Problem Solving
- Develop and champion a bold vision that drives meaningful outcomes by embracing the art of the possible
- Build frameworks for complex decision making that enable effective debate and accelerate getting to the right answer
- Transformational Leadership
- Establish a long-term product portfolio strategy informed by customer and business needs, and partner with leaders and stakeholders to regularly drive alignment, secure resources, and overcome impediments
- Attract, grow, empower, and inspire top product talent as they develop and deliver on their local product strategy in an iterative, outcome-focused, and well-managed way
What you will do
- Lead and advocate for a long-term vision for BI/Data products that supports a broader enterprise vision and industry trends
- Provide thought leadership on building capabilities that support the extensible development of data products
- Develop product vision and manage objectives to drive product convergence and achieve key results
- Build, lead and manage a cross functional team of Product Managers and Data Professionals to define and build reusable platform capabilities
- Drive teams to define MVP scopes that meet core customer needs and set strong foundations for the product's future
- Guide prioritization for the product portfolio, appropriately balancing across all outcomes (economic, risk, experience, etc)
- Build strong relationships with technology development teams, enterprise partners, risk, legal and business stakeholders.
- Make multidimensional value based trade offs when making prioritization decisions (i.e cost, risk, experience, etc)
- Influence senior leaders and internal customers to resolve roadblocks or resources constraints
- Develop an aligned vision for their product area that inspires diverse stakeholders and rallies the team
- Build trust and credibility through consistent delivery and effective management of complex dependencies
What we are looking for
- A customer-first mindset with a knowledge and passion for data
- A product centric mindset who is comfortable with backend products
- A strategic thought leader who can create a compelling vision and story to present to senior executives and inspire direct and partner teams
- A strong communicator who can advance initiatives and create consensus through clear, concise, and contextually relevant messaging
- Creating and maintaining a healthy team culture through thoughtful leadership
- Results focused and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in digital product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience building internal-facing data products
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 5+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).