Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Business Manager, Commercial Payment FraudSummary:
As a Senior Manager, Business Analysis at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will lead and team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation. Team Description:
The Commercial Payments Fraud Strategy group develops and implements holistic defenses across commercial payment rails with an eye on both existing and emerging fraud mechanisms. The team supports the Commercial Bank's Treasury Management and Capital Markets customers and partners across strategy, product, operations, and enterprise risk groups as well as the enterprise-wide fraud defense community to drive continuous improvements. The team has a mandate to focus on limiting asymmetric risks and stay ahead of emerging fraud trends while being well-managed and driving a streamlined customer experience. The team is also responsible for influencing and educating our partners and clients to enable uptake of . best-in-class products and processes to ultimately strengthen and reinforce our overall Commercial payment fraud defenses. About the Role:
The Senior Manager of Commercial Payment Fraud will lead a team of 4-5 analysts and risk associates. (S)he will be responsible for defining the team's payment fraud strategy and executing against a bold agenda. (S)he will partner across the enterprise-wide fraud community and other value-chain stakeholders (strategy, ops, product, risk, etc.) to drive commercial payment fraud priorities, including implementing strategies using shared resources. (S)he will be responsible for leading the team across processes associated with managing the Commercial Payment Fraud Program (including approvals with 2nd line risk group, managing to the required ratings, audits, and defining operating procedures). (S)he will also be the main representative to educate our clients, client-facing teams and other partners on fraud trends and best practices to holistically protect both Capital One and our customers. The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a SME in payment rails and payment fraud strategy/execution, preferably with commercial banking focus
- Has experience with defining strategy and team agenda, and successfully executing against outlined plan
- Has experience collaborating with a wide group of internal and external stakeholders, driving large projects and ambitious change, and building a well-managed culture
- Excels in communication and can lead conversations with clients in the role of a Fraud SME
- Has led teams of high-performing associates from both analytical and risk roles
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset, and potentially P&L accountability for a business segment. Strategic planning with a 1-6 month horizon
- Leadership: May manage and develop a team of analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates throughout the organization with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Marketing: Lead direct to consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through various channels. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Coordinate across the line of business to manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in qualitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 2+ years of experience in product development
- 2+ years of experience in financial modeling
- 2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
- 2+ years of experience in project management
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $195,200 - $222,800 for Sr. Business Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).