ERP International is seeking a full time Neurodiagnostic Technician / Neurology Technician in support of Eglin Hospital at Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, FL. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2020 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, and 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday, 9 hours between 6:00am and 5:30pm, with a one hour lunch.
No Weekends, Call or Holidays!
Job Specific Position Duties: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• The Neurology Technician shall be assigned primarily to the Intrepid Spirit Center assigned under and performs duties in accordance with the staff Neurologist.
• The Neurology Technician shall be primarily required to perform neurology services. When the services are not required, or the technician's services are more urgently required elsewhere, the technician may be assigned by the Medical Director, Intrepid Spirit Center to provide support in other sections/departments of the MTF commensurate with their experience.
• The Neurology Technician shall perform a combination of scheduled and unscheduled neurological diagnostic services.
• Screen, obtain vital signs, checks in patients, and escorts patients to treatment areas. Accurately prepares room & patient for examinations, therapeutic measures and procedures assuring all needed equipment and supplies are available prior to the start of the exam.
• Performs or assists with the performance of specialized testing and examinations to include, but not limited to, neurofeedback, electroencephalograms, and evoked potential tests. The Neurology Technician is required to consult with the Neurologist for diagnostic opinion and continuation of care.
• Obtains, monitors, and records physiological measurements.
• Triages urgent needs.
• Assists with medical treatment, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per treatment protocols.
• Chaperones patients.
• Assembles, maintains, and operates medical, diagnostic, and therapeutic equipment.
• Upon completion of procedures and examinations shall ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored as established by departmental policies, procedures and standards. Shall ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
• Provides patient/parent education as requested. Promotes ongoing education programs to promote, protect, and maintain optimum levels of wellness. Provides health counseling to clients and their families and develops a plan for health maintenance based on individual needs.
• Shall possess basic knowledge of operating a wide variety of medical equipment/non-medical equipment to ensure patient and staff safety, proper equipment maintenance and accessibility.
• Documentation. Contractor employees shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established MTF standards, to include, but not limited to: timeliness, accuracy, content, and
signature. Contractor employees shall only use MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations for documentation in the patient health records and follow the MTF's Do Not Use Abbreviation List.
(AFI 44-172 / AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards, 5 November 2013)
* Education: Must have a current certificate/diploma from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited national, state or military trained school.
* Experience: Minimum of 12 months experience independently performing electroencephalograms, nerve conduction studies, and/or sleep studies in a patient care setting with scoring within the past 24 months.
* Clinical Certification: The Neurology Technician shall be board-certified by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologies and/or Nerve Conduction Studies or Evoked Potentials.
* Life Support Certification: Possess current ARC or AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
* Security: Possess the ability to pass a government background check/security clearance.