Multimedia and Digital Marketing Specialist
7 days left
- College Park, Maryland
- Starting salary mid $50,000s. Benefits: paid leave , health benefits, retirement, tuition remission
- May 08, 2023
- Jun 12, 2023
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
Founded in 1856, University of Maryland, College Park is the state’s flagship institution. Our 1,250-acre College Park campus is just minutes away from Washington, D.C., and the nexus of the nation’s legislative, executive, and judicial centers of power. This unique proximity to business and technology leaders, federal departments and agencies, and a myriad of research entities, embassies, think tanks, cultural centers, and non-profit organizations is simply unparalleled. Synergistic opportunities for our faculty and students abound and are virtually limitless in the nation’s capital and surrounding areas. The University is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff that will enhance our stature of preeminence in our three missions of teaching, scholarship, and full engagement in our community, the state of Maryland, and in the world.
The Multimedia specialist fulfills the role of project manager with responsibility for the creation, implementation, and oversight of video/multimedia projects for marketing and outreach to enhance and extend the Department of Resident Life brand. This includes:
- Managing all types of video/multimedia marketing projects, social media outreach, and training opportunities.
- Oversees video/multimedia and interactive marketing projects from concept development to realization including but not limited to developing storyboards, scripts, event filming, video production, tutorials, and social media components for branding, promotion, services, and training/learning.
- Responsible for managing the design/video production process with care for quality, timeliness and creative multimedia projects.
- Plans, designs, develops, launches and maintains web-based training and education systems in support of core Departmental functions that impact currently enrolled students, prospective students, and staff.
The Multimedia and Digital Marketing Specialist will have knowledge, experience and project management know-how to develop the concept and framework for videos and audio recordings and the technical skills to produce the final product. The individual will collaborate with multiple internal and external constituent groups to identify and capture stories; institute best practices; assist with the development of unit workflows to produce ample and timely content for the website and social channel use; is actively involved in specific departmental events, and cultivates student engagement and affinity through compelling storytelling.
The Multimedia and Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Develop/manage the concept and framework for videos and audio recordings including creating storyboards, scripts, and producing a final product.
- Work with creative services student staff team, the student multimedia assistant, to develop entertaining and educational videos for posting on all communication channels.
- Coach, train, and mentor student staff team on multimedia projects and to tell the story of student’s living on campus.
- Film and edit all aspects for content/training videos including interviews, appropriate B-roll, music and audio to represent Resident Life programs and processes
- Develop animated and other digital graphics and content for digital communications, marketing and outreach efforts
- Develop strategies and concepts to transfer existing and future training materials into multimedia (audio, video, animations, etc.) enriched and data-driven web-based applications as means of making training and educational content more accessible to 600 professional and student staff members within Resident Life
- Assist with educational webinars to help amplify the Department brand and processes
- Manage and maintain the Department of Resident Life social media channels and develop creative content to engage constituents including current and prospective students
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, multimedia or similar field.
Minimum of 2 years of work experience in video/multimedia project management.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of motion graphics design, video production, video editing, and audio recording is required.
- Knowledge of utilizing video for online channels and social media platforms is necessary.
- Strong computer skills for Windows and MAC operating systems.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software and Adobe Captivate, especially After Effects, Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, and Photoshop is necessary.
- Excellent project management skills and experience managing multiple video/multimedia projects.
- Goal-oriented, with a focus on attention to details and the ability to multitask.
- Organized and structured, yet flexible to respond quickly to new requirements and changes.
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Customer Service oriented, team player, appreciation for working with a diverse staff and student population.
- Experience in graphic design and marketing is a plus.
- Supervisory experience.