Sr. Facilities Technician
5 days left
- Rockville, Maryland
- May 08, 2023
- Jun 12, 2023
- Construction and Skilled Trades, General Contractor, Maintenance, HVAC, Maintenance and Repair
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
MacroGenics is a leader in the discovery and development of innovative medicines that utilize our next generation antibody-based technologies. Our team of 350+ dedicated individuals is advancing a pipeline of product candidates to treat patients with cancer. Our products and platforms have attracted multiple partnerships with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies around the globe.
MacroGenics is a bold, highly engaged, and diverse team driven by a passion for improving the lives of patients through innovative science. We are committed to an inclusive workplace built on trust and respect. We value and nurture strong connections with one another and foster collaborative relationships. We empower our people and drive personal accountability. We encourage curiosity and embrace our entrepreneurial spirit. We celebrate our successes and create a learning environment where all employees can thrive!
Summary of Position
The Sr. Facilities Technician is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the facilities and critical utilities and for the complex-level repairs, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of equipment and systems in compliance with cGMP requirements. The technician must be able to work both independently and as a team member and must possess considerable independent judgment and innovation to solve challenging and complex issues. The Sr. Facility Technician will lead efforts supported by other technical staff.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Support general facilities systems, including City Water Pre-Treatment Systems, RO Water System, WFI, HVAC, Boilers, Chillers, Clean Steam Systems, Compressed Air, Vacuum and Laboratory Gas Systems, Emergency Generators, Electrical, Plumbing, all controlled temperature boxes, and house air conditioning units by performing maintenance, basic repairs and troubleshooting in compliance with all quality and safety standards. Raise more complex problems or concerns to senior management for guidance and assistance.
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders, including time lines and any issues that impact the work area, to avoid disruptions.
- Perform “On-Call” duties requiring a 1-hour response time to the MacroGenics facilities. Monitor and adjust building systems as needed and respond to after-hour notifications from BMS and/or employees.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance procedures and troubleshooting for GMP Biologics drug substance manufacturing and QC equipment as defined by specific equipment protocols. Assist in troubleshooting mechanical and automated equipment issues to ensure optimal functionality while adhering to cGMPs and in the execution of ongoing validation efforts for biologics drug substance manufacturing and QC equipment and processes.
- Prepare maintenance, quality, and other documents/reports following good documentation practices, including deviations, corrective actions preventative actions (CAPA), change controls, and SOP revisions. Maintain equipment records including new equipment forms and system life cycle documentation.
- Identify and make recommendations for possible improvements and efficiencies in the work processes. Partner with team to implement changes and/or modifications.
- Troubleshoot plant operational, mechanical, electrical problems and provide corrective action.
- Follow and promote on-the-job safety expectations, including wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following cGMP rules and guidelines in all designated areas.
- Perform other duties and essential tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six years’ experience as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment; or
- Associate degree in Mechanical/Utilities Technology, or Licensed Journeyman, with a minimum of four (4) years of experience as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment
- Grade 3 (MD) Stationary Engineers License or the ability to apply and obtain from equivalent license
- Prior experience with maintaining and repairing general utility systems, boilers, electrical, HVAC and refrigeration systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with operation of Building Management Systems (Siemens, Honeywell, etc)
- Ability to work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others to achieve company goals
- Strong understanding of facility/utility systems
- Ability to react to change in a positive and productive manner
- Proven system troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to interpret drawings, such as as-builts, P&ID’s and equipment schematics/wiring diagrams
- Ability to follow written procedures
- Willingness to work with a “hands-on" approach in project construction, testing, and support
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Availability for after-hours standby and on-call duties
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry operations and maintenance
- Direct experience with GMP facility operation
- Knowledge and experience working in a highly regulated function
- Knowledge and experience working in Blue Mountain and/or Master Control Software
MacroGenics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com or call (301) 354-3566 and/or 711 for TTD/TTY service.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
We do not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies.
Apply for Sr. Facilities Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Construction and Skilled Trades Pharmaceutical and Biotech jobs in Rockville
- Maintenance and Repair Pharmaceutical and Biotech jobs in Rockville
- HVAC Pharmaceutical and Biotech jobs in Rockville
- General Contractor Pharmaceutical and Biotech jobs in Rockville
- Maintenance Pharmaceutical and Biotech jobs in Rockville