Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager, Project Management- Executive Recruiting & Onboarding Chief of StaffOverview:
The Executive Recruiting & Onboarding Chief of Staff role supports the strategy, operations and culture that powers the team and the executives we support. This role will put you at the center of our enterprise executive talent identification, assessment, and integration strategies. You will ensure that the most challenging, cross-functional projects are tackled with an eye toward innovation, simplicity, and impact. You will work in close, trusted partnership with the VP of Executive Recruiting and Onboarding and the Leadership Team.
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will have a passion for building and refining strategies and systems, will be skilled in leveraging data to tell a story and influence executives, and will be able to execute on work and drive work through others, balancing speed and quality. The ideal candidate can connect the dots between good process and great results, effectively influence others to achieve organizational goals, and facilitate the leadership team toward purposeful outcomes. Candidates should be self-motivated, with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a passion for solving complex problems. The role will involve:
A successful candidate will bring:
- Providing thought partnership to the Executive Recruiting and Onboarding Leadership Team to drive project delivery, lead workstreams, plan and manage events, etc.
- Creating action plans and paths forward for horizontal projects and autonomously prioritizing work based on impact and urgency
- Facilitating the operating rhythm for the organization by supporting a wide variety of forums (leadership team meetings, team meetings, offsites, etc.)
- Monitoring and analyzing metrics for team results to support talent and performance management processes
- Elevating the Executive Recruiting & Onboarding team brand by creating and preparing materials for senior leadership, up to and including members of the Executive Committee
- Managing our team budget in a manner that enables long-term success and sustainability
- Partnering with the Head of Research and Market Intelligence to onboard and orient the Executive Recruiting team to new technologies, including Thrive CRM
- Connecting dots and influencing across multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholder groups, while also collaborating to identify solutions that can achieve shared results
- Partnering with the broader Talent Acquisition community and partners to design and drive a high performing team culture with a deep commitment to talent development
- Building and executing on a comprehensive Executive Recruiting & Onboarding strategy that aligns with business imperatives, goals, and objectives
- Managing regulatory-related processes, and initiating program/process improvements to mitigate risks and optimize delivery
- Driving an intentional organizational culture and leading initiatives to address associate engagement and inclusion
- Proven ability to influence leaders, think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute product strategies, solutions and experiences
- Strong forward lean; proactively anticipates business needs, manages stakeholder expectations, and operates exceptionally in gray space
- Skilled at balancing both disruption and consensus-building while driving forward complex initiatives
- Exceptional coaching and consulting skills, with demonstrated self-confidence and an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the needs of the audience
- Track record of complex project management, a bias to action and extraordinary attention to detail
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the organization, leaders and associates
- Passion for learning with a growth mindset
- Discretion in handling highly sensitive issues
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Organizational Development, HR Business Partnership, Project/Process Management, or on a Chief of Staff team experience
- At least 2 years of Data Analysis experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's degree
- 7+ years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs
- 5+ years of Analysis experience or Strategy experience
- 3+ years of People Leadership experience
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).