Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager, Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff is a critical position supporting senior leadership, enabling leaders to execute strategic work while ensuring operational rigor. The Chief of Staff is responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining the following four strategic areas foundational for the success of the leaders of Card Tech: 1) Strategy, 2) Operational Excellence, 3) Communications, and 4) Organizational Capability. Candidates should have a passion for technology, an engaging executive presence, exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, expertise in relationship-building, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once. Candidates should be excited about improving the daily lives and development of our engineers and help our leaders advance our strategy at scale.
- Partners with Card Tech CoS and teams across Card Tech to deliver on roadmap, owning and directing work across teams to ensure high quality, on time delivery
- Drives innovation in process and execution across our portfolio
- Creates executive-ready presentations and materials
- Leads special projects autonomously and through partnership with cross functional teams
- Prioritize and focus leaders in a number of key areas (people strategy, well managed and business operations). Aid the CoS in strategic planning, uncovering critical efficiencies and preventing duplication of effort.
- Understand the leader's intent and vision, lead leaders to drive and track the leader's goals and priorities. Tackle and solve issues through escalation and articulate the issues that need to be done to elevate the team and allow easy accountability.
- Work closely with all business units and functions to align operations with strategy.
- Influence across all levels of the organization and across organizations.
- Develop relationships within direct and extended team members to be able to act as an informed and helpful sounding board and thought partner.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Demonstrate strong communications proficiency, including across teams and organizations, and have experience utilizing oral and written communication skills along with presentation skills.
- Have the ability to multitask with simultaneous projects and tasks, while demonstrating urgency, prioritization, and ownership to drive issues to completion.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to be goal/execution-oriented
- Be able to react seamlessly to change in priorities and delivery focus
- Be self-motivated
- Be capable of balancing strategy and tactical delivery
- Execute a strategic approach to all things especially process and operations
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7 years of experience in Project Management, Process Management, Agile Delivery, or as a Team Lead
- At least 3 years of experience working with senior stakeholders across different business functions
- At least 3 years of experience writing communications and presentations for leadership and non-leadership audiences
- Previous Chief of Staff experience
- Experience working closely with executives
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- 3+ years of experience managing diverse operational functions, such as staffing, budgeting, executing high-level meetings and events
- 2+ years of experience in IT development or support
- 3+ years of experience driving organizational change and operational excellence
- 4+ years of experience writing communications and presentations for leadership and non-leadership audiences
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).