Summary Systems Engineer, Senior Principal Arlington, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
Chenega IT Enterprises, LLC, a Chenega company, has a challenging career opportunity in a Special Access Program that includes systems engineering and integration professional services for new technology engineering, testing, integration, and implementation.
The Systems Engineer, Senior Principal
shall participate in system, network, and security requirements development and documentation processes. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Systems Engineer, Senior Principal
within our ICON
team, you will:
- Develop, test, and implement hardware, software, applications, and capabilities within the demonstration and test environments for assessment and evaluation before inclusion within the baseline ICON RA.
- Use, to the maximum extent practicable, government-provided software and tools to perform these services, and where cost efficiencies and innovation may be achieved, incorporate other software and tools IAW IT Service Management (ITSM) methodology and principles, including reuse or integration of government-owned software, like those from Research and Development (R&D) technology insertions from mission partners.
- Establish and facilitate periodic Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) with government and industry Subject matter experts (SMEs) to discuss implementation best practices, collect lessons learn, and continue to evolve the ICON RA to meet industry and government needs.
- Document the information discussed, action items, and other details of the TEMs as meeting minutes or as an After-Action Report (AAR) (Deliverable 7) no later than 10 business days after the conclusion of each Technical Exchange Meeting (TEM).
- Provide updates to lessons learned, errata, and release notes resulting from assessments and evaluations of new and updated component testing as part of the MSR and Briefing (Deliverable 15). Monthly Network Metrics.
- Provide Asset Management and Configuration Management (CM) services to maintain technical and administrative control of the functional and physical characteristics of technology assets and provide continuous visibility into the types and numbers of assets throughout the Enterprise IT environment.
- Identify and define the IT Configuration Items (CIS) in the system and control the change of these items throughout their lifecycle as well as report the ongoing status of CI during its life cycle.
- Support and conduct Periodic Change Boards (PCBs) or other CM-related meetings as required by the government.
- Manage the status accounting process, facilitate Status Review and Change Boards (SRCBs), document review board results, and follow up on action items from the CM-related meetings as required by the government.
- Perform configuration management tasks, including the development of processes and procedures necessary to document the baseline configuration of ICON ISS and to record changes made to ICON systems IAW the change control process.
- Baseline configurations shall include information about information system components (E.g., standard software packages installed on workstations, servers, and network components; current version numbers and patch information on Operating Systems (Oss) and applications; and configuration settings/parameters), network topology, and the logical placement of those components within the System Architecture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BA/BS degree required
- 8+ years of experience
- Certifications: Meet DoD 8140 & 8570 as required
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
How you'll grow
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to handle a large, complex workload, effectively coordinate multiple resources, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluation methods and techniques.
- Ability to handle controversial situations with tact and diplomacy.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program