4 days left
- University of Maryland Libraries
- College Park, Maryland
- 60,000-70,0000 plus medical, dental, retirement, tuition remission, paid leave and more
- May 05, 2023
- Jun 09, 2023
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The University Archivist is responsible for the University of Maryland collection area within SCUA and oversees reference services, collection development, donor outreach and stewardship, outreach, and instruction activities. Collaborating with other staff, this position also provides input into the overall direction for accessioning, arrangement, description, cataloging, digitization, and preservation of university archives materials. The University Archivist builds, maintains, interprets, and provides access to the University Archives and assesses collection needs, establishes priorities, and represents the collection area to the University of Maryland community and external organizations and individuals.
- Lead the University Archives as an organizational innovator, facilitating the ongoing development of a flexible work environment focused on strategic priorities, project orientation, a work culture that is both fluid and accountable, and an excellent staff.
- Demonstrate creativity in identifying and allocating resources through donor relations, fundraising, grants, partnerships, budgeting, and flexible staff deployments.
- Develop and articulate a vision for the University Archives in the 21st century that takes into account new collecting opportunities while seeking to document under-represented groups in the campus community.
- Develop and articulate a vision for services that transcends collection management and incorporates dynamic activities in the areas of discovery, teaching, preservation, digital presentation to online communities, outreach to new audiences, off-campus partnerships, and alliances with the teaching faculty, students, and colleagues on the library faculty.
- Promote the University Archives to campus and off-campus partners, including the University administration, Intercollegiate Athletics, the Alumni Association, University Relations, and other entities.
Must be able to legally work in the United States. UMD Libraries will not sponsor an individual's employment.
Please view website for further details including Faculty Requirements.