1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Construction Development Manager
Construction Development Manager
This candidate will lead the project and execution management of large-scale airport lounge design projects, including innovative hospitality concepts, experiences and branded environments driving approvals, timelines and budget. This is a highly collaborative position with many stakeholders involved internally and externally. You will be joining a dynamic, highly skilled, and forward-thinking team that you will need to complement and challenge.
This candidate must have extensive experience in hospitality and retail execution, with major technical expertise in building and structural systems. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience coordinating with Architects/Engineers, Building Departments & Codes Officials, and General Contractors & Construction Managers. Airport and aviation experience is a plus. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the design and experience aligns to customer experience strategy and priorities and must demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with multiple parties involved.
This position will report to the Airport Lounge Program Lead and will interact with senior leadership within the organization.
- Plan, design, manage and execute project plans to ensure delivery. This activity includes management through feasibility, design, planning and implementation.
- Drive cross-functional projects based on defined priorities; ensure scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met; identify risks and issues and mitigate and / or escalate as needed; manage complex up and downstream project impacts.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Leverage problem solving skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent and maintain key project documentation
- Conduct regular meetings with the project team. Document progress and report to stakeholders on project status.
- Partner with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
A great candidate will have:
- Ability to confidently and clearly communicate project progress/milestones to the leadership team and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Solutions driven, with the ability to anticipate problems and proactively present multiple solutions to different audiences and drive consensus across teams.
- Understanding of construction means and methods, cost, and milestones.
- Proficiency in construction drawing, documentation and oversight
- Work on large-scale complex, cross-departmental projects that have a direct impact on the company
- A strong portfolio of sketches, works in projects and finished projects
This role will require 30-50% travel
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, or related field
- At least 10 years architectural or retail execution work experience within the hospitality industry
- Professional working experience working with AutoCAD and Project Management software
- At least 5 years of experience in vendor management or cost management
- At least 5 years of experience working with and sourcing architectural materials/finishes and furniture, fixtures and equipment
- At least 5 years of experience managing other consultants, both internal and external.
- Master's degree in Architecture or related field
- Licensed Architect, NCARB/AIA or PMP certification
- At least 10 years of experience managing all phases of design from concept through construction administration
- Extensive experience in high-visibility locations with challenging coordination of infrastructure, permitting and vertical transportation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).