Summary Software Developer St. Louis, MO
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For 20+ years, NJVC has provided federal, DoD, and commercial customers with innovative and cost-effective solutions for their IT needs. NJVC approaches the work with the intensity expected of a mission-critical IT provider, working within the framework of people, processes, and technologies to meet customer requirements.
This is a Software Developer
position on the Sustainment Analysis Services (SAS) contract. SAS provides sustainment support for selected NGA legacy exploitation software applications. Application transitions and sustainment are performed within a SAFe AGILE methodology. The Software Developer
on the SAS scrum teams needs to be versatile and flexible with the tasks they work on. The Software Developer
must be self-motivated and work well within a team. As the contract takes over sustainment for many systems the roles and responsibilities will be quickly changing. Responsibilities
- Support general maintenance, adaptive maintenance, defect resolution (DR), and COTS/GOTS/FOSS activities for 4ACES.
- Support installations and deployments.
- Assist the Systems Engineer (SE) with debugging any issues when the core COTS products require upgrading. Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Lead the team as a Scrum Master to provide overall program oversight and guidance for SAS support of 4ACES.
- Provide technical leadership and deliver an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of the mission requirements and enhance overall system security, performance, and availability.
- Provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment.
- Provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the client, applying current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development.
- Interact with technical team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use the experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Develop scalable and reusable frameworks for ingesting large data sets and moving them from layer to layer in Databricks.
- Integrate the end-to-end data pipeline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is always maintained.
- Work with event-based/streaming technologies to ingest and process data.
- Work within an Agile delivery methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of experience OR
- Master's degree with 10+ years of experience
- Experience with the usage of Cloud technologies and infrastructure
- Ability to architect and design enterprise cloud solutions within AWS
- Experience with cloud-based architectures in AWS, Azure
- Experience with reading and writing data in AWS Databricks
- Current TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a CI Polygraph
How you'll grow
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting.
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications.
- Experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor.
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program