Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Enterprise Security Architect
At Capital One, we are a technology-oriented company delivering financial products to market through modern technology and constant innovation at a massive scale. That innovation includes leveraging technology to deliver the best cybersecurity solutions for our internal and external customers.
Capital One is seeking a Director, Enterprise Security Architect. The Director, Enterprise Security Architect is responsible for delivering architecture outcomes for the Cybersecurity organization and the Enterprise. This role works with stakeholders across the organization to securely meet the requirements of business initiatives and is a technical authority on cloud and cybersecurity architecture for the Enterprise. This role includes managing architects who individually have responsibility for a domain within the Cybersecurity organization.
What you'll do:
• Establish strategic security architecture direction for cloud service adoption, including standards and frameworks that are aligned with overall business strategy
• Demonstrate technical leadership in security in interactions with all stakeholders
• Work closely with Security Engineering, the Divisional Information Security Officers, enterprise architecture, and infrastructure and operations teams to gather use cases, needs and develop architectures
• Foster shared understanding of current and emerging security threats & risks. Identify security architecture capabilities and create security architectures & solution patterns to mitigate those threats & risks
• Identity and develop new architecture standards for secure cloud adoption. Work with key stakeholders to gain approval and influence adoption.
• Develop architecture roadmaps for delivering new capabilities when multiple dependencies need to be managed
• Assess emerging technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities
• Contribute to the evolution of the architecture practice aligned with security and information technology organization strategy and objectives
• Implement technical proof of concepts that demonstrate how an architecture or design would be realized and prove out key technical concepts
• Participate in architecture governance processes for both information security and the Enterprise
• Serve as information security subject matter expert; provide advisory and consulting services as needed
• Review existing and proposed architectures, identify security design gaps, and recommend changes or enhancements
• Participate in solution architecture design; lead security efforts assisting with the integration and initial implementation of solutions
• Achieve security architecture compliance on requirements, including: Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, data privacy requirements, as well as state and federal regulations
• Stay abreast of new security technologies and integrate into security architecture design when appropriate
• You have the ability to present complex security topics to technical and non-technical audiences at different levels within and external to the organization
• You possess a solid knowledge of security risks/threats to a large organization's systems and networks and means to address those threats
• You demonstrate strong, proven problem-solving skills and ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving work through to completion
• You can translate complex technical information across all levels of the organization
• You have facilitation skills and ability to build strong relationships with business stakeholders at peer and higher levels
• You work effectively with a team, delivering high performance and customer satisfaction
• You work effectively in a professional environment that values open communication
• You translate business drivers and priorities into security design
• You have strong presentation skills comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
• You show energy and a clear passion for the role
• Demonstrated personal values aligned with the corporate values
• You have the willingness to travel occasionally to support key initiatives, attend meetings and attend conferences or training
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of people management experience
- At least 7 years of information technology experience
- At least 5 years of experience implementing security principles and technologies
- At least 3 years of experience designing and implementing security solutions
- At least 1 year of experience with cloud computing that includes security consideration
- At least 1 year of experience with agile development
- Master's degree
- CISSP or SANS certifications
- Cloud computing certification
- 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud security services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $269,400 - $307,500 for Director, Solution Arch
Location is San Francisco, California: $285,400 - $325,700 for Director, Solution Arch
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).