Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a Contract Administrator to join our fast-paced corporate contracts team supporting Westat's civilian agency contracts. In this role you will support the full life cycle of contract administration activities from pre-award to project closeout with a focus on compliance and minimizing organizational risk, strategic client engagement, and collaboration with technical Westat practice areas and new business development.
Support pre-award and proposal activities, review solicitation terms, serve as a resource to Westat research and business development staff in interpreting funding requests, regulations, and requirements.
• Review and/or provide guidance in the preparation of contracts, subcontracts, assistance agreements, teaming agreements, NDAs, and modifications.
• Support negotiations including terms and conditions and executing contracts, subcontracts, and other pre- and post-award agreements.
• Support vendor and subcontractor management efforts
• Engage with federal contracting representatives and clients on matters related to terms and conditions, federal rules and regulations, and other compliance requests.
• Support research staff, providing guidance on contractual and compliance issues.
• Maintain contract files and ensure contractual documents meet regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years of progressive experience managing and administering federal awards, subcontracts, and proposals or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of common contract instruments, including CR, CPFF, FFP, T&M and IDIQ.
• Experience working with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and CFR
• Civilian agency experience included but not limited to: Department of Agriculture, Department of Labor, Social Security Administration, Department of Transportation, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Department of Housing and Urban Development Exposure to GSA Schedules, federal BPAs, and other contracting vehicles (GWAC and IDIQ).
• Experience with Deltek products including Costpoint, Contracts and Purchasing Modules.
• Experience recommending, reviewing, and negotiating multiple agreement types.
• Familiarity with reviewing solicitation terms and conditions and proposal and award budgets, basic cost/price analysis, and representation and certification documentation.
• Exhibit proven negotiation skills, including the ability to make sound decisions and apply creative problem-solving capabilities.
Other Required Qualifications:
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
• Organization skills, including time management ability
• Detail oriented
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
- Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Holiday Leave (7 government holidays and 2 floating holidays)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.#LI-WST1