Proposal Manager US - Remote
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
An experienced role, responsible for leading the assigned proposal team in the development of high quality, compliant and timely proposals for organizations conducting clinical trials. The Proposal Manager uses Emmes' proposal process, tools, and corporate policies to plan, manage, and contribute to all stages of the development of proposals with a high degree of professionalism and collaboration. Works alongside the Proposal Department leadership and other team members to refine processes and tools and evolve our services and prepare Emmes to be a major competitor in the clinical research outsourcing market. Responsibilities
• Shred solicitation requirements to develop response plans that follow Emmes' proposal development and review process for government, commercial, and nonprofit solicitations.
• Manage proposal teams of varying sizes to follow the response plan so that proposals are submitted on time and meet Emmes' quality standards.
• Work with the proposal teams and appropriate leadership to identify and resolve issues.
• Use multiple internal and external sources to create tailored content with consistent messaging compliant with solicitation requirements and internal standards.
• Organize, write, edit, and format proposals consistent with client response instructions using Emmes templates and existing content where appropriate.
• Coordinate with 3rd party organizations when needed, ensuring counterparts understand timelines, resolving issues as needed to move the proposal process forward.
• Apply lessons learned from proposal experience to interpret ambiguity in solicitation requirements, identify and mitigate risks to the proposal process, and collaborate with department team members on continual improvement.
• Manage Emmes proposal data, including working folders, re-use content, and Emmes' CRM.
• Other duties as assignedExperience
• Bachelor's degree in English, Business Administration, Public Relations, or a related discipline required or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years applicable experience with a degree or 6 -7 years without a degree
• Demonstrates excellent writing and communication skills
• Demonstrates intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products and Adobe Acrobat, including working knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint
• Juggles conflicting priorities during the proposal process and makes decisions concerning the proposal
• Ability to proactively identify risks to proposal, identify solutions, and collaborate with proposal team and/or proposal department leadership to mitigate as appropriate
• Demonstrates initiative and ability to exercise sound independent judgment
• Takes ownership of proposals from assignment to submission
• Demonstrates business acumen, serving internal and external clients, and balancing assertiveness with flexibility for the good of the proposal and the team
• Maintains a professional and positive approach with proposal teams
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills Emmes only requires all US new hires in the following job categories to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment: (i) Clinical Research Associates (CRAs), (ii) Associate CRAs, and (iii) all CRA line managers. All new hires may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. Emmes complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations or exemptions for religious, medical, or other legally protected reasons.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.