Position #: 111412
The Division of Information Technology (DIT) is looking to hire a Business Manager to provide financial tracking and analysis as well as operational support to various units and accounts within the division. This position provides support for a variety of activities, including, but not limited to: budgeting, reconciliation, accounting, procurement, purchasing, travel, ordering, contract and grant accounting, financial forecasting, billing, revenue tracking and collection, funding tracking, and other activities related to the running of the operational and financial aspects of the division.
This position will assist with implementing and monitoring various business practices, policies, and procedures within DIT to ensure the highest level of accountability and customer service is provided. This position must adhere to University financial management standards, general management and accounting principles, practices, methods, and techniques. A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to apply various policies and procedures to real-world situations. In addition, a successful candidate must be enthusiastic, positive, customer-oriented, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have a demonstrable ability to take initiative. Excellent communication skills and computer skills are essential to this position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of experience in finance, accounting, project management, auditing, contract/grant management, or related fields, including 1-2 years experience in budgeting, forecasting, reconciliation, and revenue tracking.
- Experience providing excellent customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Excel to prepare and analyze complex spreadsheets.
- Highly developed organization skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Friendly, flexible, service-oriented manner.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills over a variety of platforms.
- Ability to summarize financial information.
- Degree in accounting
- Audit experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Experience in higher education
- Experience at University of Maryland system (including knowledge of various systems such as KFS, Workday, CONCUR)
- Knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance
- Medical, dental , and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range high $70,000s – low $80,000s based upon level of experience
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Best consideration date: 05/18/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/106784
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.