Documentation & Media Specialist
3 days left
- University of Maryland
- College Park, Maryland
- Apr 26, 2023
- May 31, 2023
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Full Time
Position title: Documentation & Media Specialist
Position #: 106436)
Knowledge Management provides IT support and tech education to the campus community through workshops, support articles, social media, and videos.
Documentation & Media Specialists are responsible for all aspects of creating and maintaining the technical and support documentation necessary for the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park, and their customer’s daily operations. They develop the knowledge-centered service process for the Division.
The incumbent will participate in public speaking activities, develop and present training and workshops, create and write documentation, respond to and moderate customer-generated questions via social media, and investigate knowledge management and ServiceNow best practices.
Documentation & Media Specialists will assist with the production of video content, and provide video event coverage, live event production, and editing services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Written and verbal communication skills, time management (adjusting to priority shifts), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
Conditions of Employment: Must possess and maintain a valid Maryland non-commercial Driver’s License or equivalent with fewer than six (6) points.
- IT technical support and writing experience.
- Web Design experience with HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of supported computing platforms.
- Ability to instruct, direct, assist, guide, and share information with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience with video production and Adobe video editing software (Premiere, After Effects).
- Experience with graphic design and Adobe Creative Cloud design software.
- Medical, dental , and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range low $50,000s-mid $60,000s.
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
This position requires the ability to lift computer equipment, stand for long periods of time, occasionally travel across campus to different locations and to operate a motor vehicle.
Best consideration date: 05/17/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/106761
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.