Senior Materials Resource Planning Assistant
- Fairfax Water
- Herndon, Virginia
- Apr 26, 2023
- May 31, 2023
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
Under close supervision of the Supervisor, assists in the receipt, inspection, storage and distribution of supplies, materials and equipment, as well as providing support with activities associated with maintenance planning for the Production Division. The Assistant maintains critical maintenance data to include asset structure, job material requirements and maintenance plans to efficiently manage system assets.
Assists in the receipt, inspection, storage and distribution of supplies, materials and equipment by:
- Ensuring SAP EAM data is accurate, sufficiently detailed and updated in a timely manner.
- Creating and maintaining functional locations, equipment and associated master data entries, equipment bill of material, maintenance task list and plans.
- Reviewing notifications and work orders for completeness and accuracy to ensure required data has been entered by maintenance staff to include planned and actual costs, resource requirements, and root cause analysis.
- Supporting engineering staff in the maintenance of plant information library, to include project submittals, training videos, operations and maintenance manuals and record drawings. Assists plant maintenance staff with locating documents.
- Assisting Maintenance Planner or Senior Maintenance Planner with materials resource planning.
- Obtaining quotes from vendors and generate purchase requisitions.
- Working closely with Procurement staff to ensure the maintenance organization has material necessary to complete maintenance activities.
- Receiving procured materials or services and issuing materials to work orders.
- Generate standard submittals to create new maintenance material requirements (Material Master) information.
- Picking and issuing materials from stock to plant personnel.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Unpacking and stocking materials and supplies.
- Verifying the quality of materials and supplies received.
- Verifying all orders match the packing lists and purchase orders or similar documents.
- Receiving and issuing inventory in SAP.
- Participating in the annual inventory.
- Ensuring warehouse vehicles, equipment, and facilities are maintained and operated according to acceptable practices.
- Planning and organizing the warehouse for efficient storage of material and equipment
- Filling in for basic function of the Maintenance Planner or Senior Maintenance Planner in their absence.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from high school or GED and a minimum of 4 years related experience or two years related experience and two years related college-level course work experience in warehouse operations, facility maintenance, repair, and operations or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and knowledge.
- Working knowledge of warehouse and inventory practices
- Strong personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, SharePoint) and ability to quickly learn software applications.
- Ability to obtain Microsoft Excel Certification within 1-year.
- Experience as an end-user using business process relational database software, preferably Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) like SAP EAM.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to make basic arithmetical computations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Forklift operator’s certification is required within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test.
- Ability to lift heavy loads (up to 50 pounds) of material.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to operate warehousing equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and hand trucks