Administrative/ Events Coordinator II
- Washington D.C.
- Apr 21, 2023
- May 26, 2023
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
The Institutional Relations unit of the Director General’s Office of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks an Administrative/Events Coordinator II to provide administrative and event organization support to the IFPRI Board of Trustees, the Senior Management Team, the Institutional Relations unit, and other designated staff in the Director General’s Office. This non-exempt position is considered a one-year, renewable appointment and is located at IFPRI’s Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Meetings: Coordinate logistical arrangements for two IFPRI Board meetings per year and periodic senior management and other high-level meetings.
- Board – Organize all logistics for two board meetings a year including travel, visas, insurance, expense reports, documentation preparation, on-site arrangements including catering, etc., and other needed logistics. Facilitate logistical arrangements of board seminars held in conjunction with meetings. Interact professionally and diplomatically in person and in writing with Board members and invited participants regarding arrangements. Prepare digital documentation for the Board through Diligent (new on-line platform) for the two yearly meetings and upload other key documents on the site for Board reference. Arrange virtual meetings for the Board to address important governance issues. Ability to travel at least one time each year for up to two weeks (for overseas board meeting).
- Senior Management -- Arrange logistics for monthly senior management, extended management, and related meetings including catering meals, teleconference connections, meeting documentation, and other administrative details. As SMT Secretary, coordinate SMT and Extended Management Team meetings, prepare minutes, follow up on action items, and manage SMT-related activities (e.g. Strategic Innovation Fund process).
- Other meetings – Arrange logistics for occasional high-level CGIAR and other official IFPRI meetings.
Donor Support: Conduct background research on donor institutions and representatives. Help to maintain and curate the IFPRI donor web page. Help to conduct due diligence research on private sector and other entities with whom IFPRI plans to partner. Support the preparation of the bi-annual and annual donor highlights communications by carrying out background research.
Document Support: Edit emails, correspondence, reports, papers and manuscripts, proposals and other documents as needed, including the preparation of tables, charts, graphs, and bibliographies. Draft routine correspondence for division staff. Establish and maintain hard copy and electronic file systems for the Board and Senior Management Team.
Accounting Support: Prepare travel and expense reports.
Travel arrangements: Prepare hotel and travel requests for board, staff and visitors, assist in coordinating visa applications, request for itineraries, issuance of air and/or train tickets, cash advances/honoraria, and preparation of travel expense reports. Coordinate with Travel Office & Finance for processing travel requests.
Appointment schedule & Visitors’ Support: Manage appointment scheduling as requested and provide logistical support for visitors, to include office/hotel reservation, pick-up and return of office keys, computer connections, assigned office name tag/labeling, and arrangement for brown bag/seminar/presentation.
Contact Donor Data Base Support: Support data entry in Donor information database – in Microsoft Outlook.
Communications Support: If requested, manage incoming & outgoing mail, voicemail and email for selected staff.
Other support: Support fellows with administrative, logistical, and other arrangements. Assist with intra-office support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant experience; or Associate's degree plus five years of relevant experience.
- Solid English language skills, composition, grammar, and proofreading skills with the ability to compose correspondence.
- Excellent skills working diplomatically with high-level participants and demonstrated experience handling confidential matters.
- Event planning experience (preferably with high-level participants).
- Demonstrated experience with financial information.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers: Experience with MS Office, especially Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent typing skills required; 40-50 wpm preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and follow-through to closure.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced work environment.
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time.
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity