Clearance Required:Top Secret SCI
Education Required:BA/BS or HS/GED and Equivalent Work Experience
US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking candidates for a Senior Network Engineer/Architect (Network Engineering, Senior Associate)
position to support Federal Agency clients in the Northern Virginia area. This position analyzes, designs, installs, configures, maintains, and evaluates network systems and associated transport communications infrastructure. Additional duties include troubleshooting complex network issues involving various factors and conducting network architecture design, feasibility / cost studies. Must have extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc. Key Duties
- Support efforts for large-scale network design, deployment, and support efforts.
- Define requirements and design elements for network transport solutions to support world-wide compute and storage, core services, and security services components of cloud-based Unified Collaboration and Office Productivity solutions.
- Research and propose solutions for network, application, and data security.
- Generate white papers and design artifacts to document design options and implementation decisions.
- Perform analysis and trade-off studies for candidate solution technologies and capabilities.
- Manage network diagrams, rack elevations, and equipment list of materials.
- Direct network topology architecture analysis and solution definition.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and solutions.
- Represent MIL, its customers, and sponsors at flag-level briefings.
Up to 20% of the time. Required Qualifications
- 10 years or more of practical analysis experience in network design, administration, operations, procedures, and troubleshooting; 15 years desired.
- 5 years of large-scale network system deployment experience.
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and SAN Administration.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMware.
- Background in network operations center design and operations, including cloud, on-premise, and hybrid solutions.
- Experience with network addressing services (DNS, DHCP, IPAM - i.e. Infoblox).
- Experience with network services (SDN, NFV, QoS, traffic flow monitoring), virtualization, storage, print, and unified communications.
- Experience working in a classified environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Cable of problem-solving and presenting solutions for concurrence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- DoD 8570.01 Level 2 Certification (e.g., Security+), or higher.
- Master's in the field of Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related technical discipline.
- Experience with engineering CSfC certified systems.
- Experience with Zero-Trust network design, multi-factor solutions, and related Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) security technologies.
- Experience with directory/authentication services (Azure Active Directory, On Premise AD, Global Directory, PKI).
- Experience supporting clients/users within DoD Community.
- Knowledge of hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Experience using IBM Rational DOORS requirements management tool.
- Experience with Cameo Model-Based Systems Engineering (MSBE) tool.
- Experience working on DoD engineering and technical services contracts.
Bachelor's Degree, from an accredited college or university, in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, network engineering, information systems, cyber security, management information systems technology or a closely related discipline . Six (6) years of work experience related to the position, or an Associate's Degree plus four (4) years of additional work experience related to the position, may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree. Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess a Top Secret / SCI Clearance
; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects. Compensation
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability , and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance . Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $140,000 - $180,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.